Thread: Map 3D 2022 - exporting Object Data to a comma-deliminated file

Login to Give a bone

Default Map 3D 2022 - exporting Object Data to a comma-deliminated file

I am fairly new to Map 3D and I am trying to figure it out.

I imported a shape file into a drawing and attached the Object Data. During design, I have added more objects and attached Object Data to them.
    When I look at the properties of the objects, the Object Data information shows up.

Is there a way to create a "table" of the Object Data taken from the drawing objects and create a seperate file that can be opened by Excel? A comma de-limited file for instance.

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Map 3D 2022 - exporting Object Data to a comma-deliminated file

There is a free add-on that can export tables to CSV and you can create a table of the data using the same add-on. Just do a search for Object Data Table in the App Store and you should find a few different ones.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for responding. I don't see any apps that say they do what I am looking for.

I want to create a TABLE using the information from the Object Data properties attached to the various linework and blocks.
    I have set up the mapannotation so I can annotate the objects with their info, but it would be very helpful to be able to create a table that contains all the Object Data for each type of object.

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I believe it would be a two step process. Export the object data to Excel and then create a table from that Spreadsheet using a data reference.
    Have you looked at ODEdit for Object Data?

Have you looked into Data Extraction in the Table Ribbon Panel? You may need to define the dxe (template) but it may do exactly what you are looking for.
    To Create a New Data Extraction Table
    It is recommended you save the current drawing before using the Data Extraction wizard. If the current drawing is not saved, you are prompted to save the drawing before proceeding with the data extraction.

Click Annotate tabTables panelExtract Data. Find
    On the Begin page, click Create a New Data Extraction. If you want to use a template (DXE or BLK) file, click Use Previous Extraction as a Template and click Next.
    On the Save Data Extraction As dialog box, enter a file name for the data extraction file and click Save.
    On the Define Data Source page, specify the drawings or folders from which to extract data and click Next.
    On the Select Objects page, select objects from which to extract data and click Next.
    On the Select Properties page, select properties from which to extract data and click Next.
    On the Refine Data page, reorder columns as needed and click Next.
    On the Choose Output page, click Insert Data Extraction Table into Drawing to create a data extraction table. Click Next.
    On the Table Styles page, choose a table style. Enter a title for the table if necessary. Click Next.
    On the Finish page, click Finish.
    In the drawing, click an insertion point when prompted to create the table.

Related Concepts
    About Using the Data Extraction Wizard
    About Selecting Sources for Data Extraction
    About Exporting Extracted Data
    Last edited by MHultgren; 2021-12-16 at 05:41 PM.