Thread: Lat/Long Grid superimposed in UTM as secondary UCS (curved grid)

Wish List Administration

Default Re: Lat/Long Grid superimposed in UTM as secondary UCS (curved grid)

Summary: so the UCS we use now is locked using linear XYZ grids and we can apply coordinate systems, but what if we could render grid lines that were relative to Lats and Longs (I mean minutes of change over km's but it would become more apparent over distance) then a new ortho mode that can snap to the world grid?

Description: so the UCS we use now is locked using linear XYZ grids and we can apply coordinate systems, but what if we could render grid lines that were relative to Lats and Longs (I mean minutes of change over km's but it would become more apparent over distance) then a new ortho mode that can snap to the world grid?

I picture it as assigning Primary and Secondary coordinate systems where the primary system is applied to the XYZ system then the secondary system formulaicly renders its curvature superimposed on the grid to show convergence angle deformations and curvatures in real time, then snapping to it would allow for grid and ground interior angle/deflection calculations etc., I mean it could go all the way to producing a secondary set of coordinate information for objects too. Sky's the limit.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - User Interface

Submitted By: sebastien795355 on 12/03/2021

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Lat/Long Grid superimposed in UTM as secondary UCS (curved grid)

Lat/Long Grid superimposed in UTM as secondary UCS (curved grid)

Summary: so the UCS we use now is locked using linear XYZ grids and we can apply coordinate systems, but what if we could render grid lines that were relative to Lats and Longs (I mean minutes of change over km's but it would become more apparent over distance) then a new ortho mode that can snap to the world grid?

Description: so the UCS we use now is locked using linear XYZ grids and we can apply coordinate systems, but what if we could render grid lines that were relative to Lats and Longs (I mean minutes of change over km's but it would become more apparent over distance) then a new ortho mode that can snap to the world grid?

I picture it as assigning Primary and Secondary coordinate systems where the primary system is applied to the XYZ system then the secondary system formulaicly renders its curvature superimposed on the grid to show convergence angle deformations and curvatures in real time, then snapping to it would allow for grid and ground interior angle/deflection calculations etc., I mean it could go all the way to producing a secondary set of coordinate information for objects too. Sky's the limit. Technically the process could be inverted too where Lats and longs are primary then superimpose the UTM grid but probably not as useful.

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Lat/Long Grid superimposed in UTM as secondary UCS (curved grid)

I picture it as assigning Primary and Secondary coordinate systems where the primary system is applied to the XYZ system then the secondary system formulaicly renders its curvature superimposed on the grid to show convergence angle deformations and curvatures in real time, then snapping to it would allow for grid and ground interior angle/deflection calculations etc., I mean it could go all the way to producing a secondary set of coordinate information for objects too. Sky's the limit. Technically the process could be inverted too where Lats and longs are primary then superimpose the UTM grid but probably not as useful.

Wish List Administration

I picture it as assigning Primary and Secondary coordinate systems where the primary system is applied to the XYZ system then the secondary system formulaicly renders its curvature superimposed on the grid to show convergence angle deformations and curvatures in real time, then snapping to it would allow for grid and ground interior angle/deflection calculations etc., I mean it could go all the way to producing a secondary set of coordinate information for objects too. Sky's the limit. Technically the process could be inverted too where Lats and longs are primary then superimpose the UTM grid.