See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xref drawing BASE point Change Random Not by User

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Xref drawing BASE point Change Random Not by User

Our office has a Autocad LT 2020 Bug - to report and need a good solution.
    Isssue : CAD File being Xref changes base point without user command or action and the BASE is change at a random distance.
    Not all users / or CAD stations has this problem.

Temporary Solution is known by BASE COMMAND and reset (0,0,0) & INSBASE (0,0,0) and make sure USC is set WORLD.
    We have also reinstalled the software on the (2) machines and it seams to work ; but not the best fix.

We can not re-create the problem manually. AND both users have the base point change at random different distances.
    And we have multiple people in the same Xref files; many times during the day on other teams and this problem does not occur.

This is becoming a problem for us doing production work and impacts quality of drawings.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Xref drawing BASE point Change Random Not by User

Attach each XRef onto its own layer, and LOCK the layer. Does the problem go away?

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for response -
    No - the xref file is not the problem.
    The CAD file name (x-base) is inserted as a Xref. The x-base file is the drawing that has the BASE point / InsertBase change.
    Example. A floor plan is the x-base.dwg and is Xref in the plan sheet with dimensions in model space. At random times the inserted x-base.dwg "base point" changes. Now the dimensions are not correct because the x-base has a new "base point".

Login to Give a bone

As you state you are using LT, then automation is not a factor.

Are elements in the base drawing (x-base.dwg) being moved inadvertently? Is anyone using the NUDGE functionality through the use of CTRL + any arrow keys?

Has the INSBASE system variable changed in the base drawing, which is a drawing specific variable?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I have been watching this thread some and I'm not sure I totally understand the problem. But the first thing that comes to mind is someone in the string of users changing PLAN VIEW or moving the UCS. This sometimes happens with new or inexperienced users that may not understand the downstream results.

Login to Give a bone

if the BASE point of the Xref drawing is changing from 0,0,0, and has the be reset to 0,0,0. then I'm really going to suspect a PEBCAK error, or a (in LT) a Menu Macro that is running the BASE command for some reason. Suggest adding INSBASE to the SYSVARMONITOR command, and try to see when/where it changes

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by remi678731 View Post
    I have been watching this thread some and I'm not sure I totally understand the problem. But the first thing that comes to mind is someone in the string of users changing PLAN VIEW or moving the UCS. This sometimes happens with new or inexperienced users that may not understand the downstream results.
    Yes this, combined with W-BLOCK-ing or exporting a drawing file, moves the insbase point (WCS origin: 0,0,0) to the current UCS (moving this insbase).

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I've have had similar problem like this. The floor plan aka x-base, were are you getting it from. I've found that sometimes when the arch sends me a new floor plan the the plan has been moved away from the original 0,0 thus moving it in my drawing. I always check the 0,0 location in the arch dwg before I update the my plan.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the tip on using the SYSVARMONITOR- we have added the to the CAD station. Hope the see when it does get changed.

Again. The only time the BASE & INSBASE changes is when a large x-base drawing or x-sec drawing is XREF into the a sheet. Another item not explained, if the user changes drawings that are Xref - Why does the Title block sheet would also shift or the details sheet with 15+ separate xref'ed blocks inserted in a sheet. If so, we would have to be reset all the drawings every time. This is not the case. Only the x-base.dwg and sometimes the x-sec.dwg has shifted the base point.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lesley_coleman14 View Post
    Our office has a Autocad LT 2020 Bug - to report and need a good solution.
    Isssue : CAD File being Xref changes base point without user command or action and the BASE is change at a random distance.
    Not all users / or CAD stations has this problem.

Temporary Solution is known by BASE COMMAND and reset (0,0,0) & INSBASE (0,0,0) and make sure USC is set WORLD.
    We have also reinstalled the software on the (2) machines and it seams to work ; but not the best fix.

We can not re-create the problem manually. AND both users have the base point change at random different distances.
    And we have multiple people in the same Xref files; many times during the day on other teams and this problem does not occur.

This is becoming a problem for us doing production work and impacts quality of drawings.
    I was just re-reading this, and read your last post, can you go into more detail of your process of what is happening?

Do you mean this is happening when the user is first attaching/inserting the xref that the insertion point is different (doesn't land where you want it)?
    Or do you mean it happens on an xref already inserted in a drawing, the xref moves from where it was?

The reason I ask it those "Temporary Solutions" should be happening anyway, the default BASE and INSBASE should be at 0,0,0 and the UCS should be at WCS for the xref files and the files they're being inserted into.
    If any of those are being changed by anyone you will get problems, I use an "acaddoc.lsp" that sets these variables every time, but I understand this is LT so lisp is not an option.

If it's when someone is inserting it, have you checked their procedure or settings upon insert (0,0,0 vs user placement)?

Or do you know for a fact that is an Acad LT bug and not potential user issues?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tedg; 2021-12-13 at 06:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast