Thread: AutoCad Mobile

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCad Mobile

Does anyone have any tutorials for AutoCad Mobile?? I was using the last version on my tablet with my Samsung Tablet and my Leica Disto E7100i for doing as-builts and it worked great.

Now the latesat version came out and they changed everything and I haven't found out how exactly to use my Disto for drawing walls based on the distance the Disto gives me for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not really sure if there's enough interest to have a forum dedicated to it but, there might be once people see how well it works.
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCad Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by pauljordan View Post
    Does anyone have any tutorials for AutoCad Mobile?? I was using the last version on my tablet with my Samsung Tablet and my Leica Disto E7100i for doing as-builts and it worked great.

Now the latesat version came out and they changed everything and I haven't found out how exactly to use my Disto for drawing walls based on the distance the Disto gives me for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not really sure if there's enough interest to have a forum dedicated to it but, there might be once people see how well it works.
    Sorry dude, I don't know anything about this, sounds intriguing though!

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCad Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    Sorry dude, I don't know anything about this, sounds intriguing though!
    Well, it's a great little program that I use when doing as-builts of clients houses. Basically, I'd draw a line with my finger or a fancy little stylus (Didn't even have to be a very straight line), then I'd select the line, put my laser Disto up against a wall and point the beam at the wall I wanted to measure to. Hit the button (Fire button?? I don't really remember what it's called) but, in a matter of about 1/64th of a second, that sad little line you drew on your tablet is now nice and straight with a dimension on it. Ohh, and the dimensions are accurate to something like 1/32" in a 300' shot..

Ohh, it creates an actual .dwg file you can shoot back to your laptop and view it with your version of AutoCad.

It's pretty slick but, to think AutoDesk doesn't have a big calling or a large support group (I hear the development team is in Israel) is very sad..

I was forced to upgrade a couple of years back, then once I did that, it wasn't compatible with the version of my tablet so off I went and bought a new and shiny tablet, not I just need to make the tablet do what it used to do.

If anyone knows of an active forum, chat room, coffee shop meeting, or anything that talks about this hidden gem, I'd love to hear about it.
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!