Thread: Worksharing Monitor fails to open for subsequent launches of other versions on same machine

The Silent Type
    Login to Give a bone

Default Worksharing Monitor fails to open for subsequent launches of other versions on same machine

Hey all, we have a new-to-us installation environment where we have a VMware image that contains the 4 most recent release versions of Revit and AMEP installed, in the past we only ever had 1 release per machine image so my issue has only recently presented itself.

So, in this new environment I'm trying to figure out why Worksharing Monitor will only open for 1 release?

I.E. I can open R19 and the 2019 WsM, but when I go to open R20/R21/R22, I cannot also open the corresponding WsM. Something is stopping the 2nd WsM to open. If I have the 2019 WsM minimized and try to launch any of the others (from their exe or the tool inside Revit), the 2019 WsM pops up and the other never opens. (I'm only using 2019 as an example, the same holds true for any version that I open first, the 2nd never opens)

Is this a common issue for any of you that have multiple releases installed on a normal PC setup? similar VMware setup?

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere previously, but I have searched multiple times and cannot find anything related to this scenario.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Worksharing Monitor fails to open for subsequent launches of other versions on same machine

I know this probably won't help you, but I haven't run worksharing monitor since we started moving projects to the cloud. It won't run/work with cloud hosted projects.

I guess you might have to train users to only open the worksharing monitor for the project they are primarily working on.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Worksharing Monitor fails to open for subsequent launches of other versions on same machine

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Bennett View Post
    I guess you might have to train users to only open the worksharing monitor for the project they are primarily working on.
    How do you only open WSM for one project?