Thread: AutoCAD Architecture Detail Components not working after Windows 11 Update

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation AutoCAD Architecture Detail Components not working after Windows 11 Update

At least 2 versions are broken. I get an error:

Cannot open database C:\....AecDtlComponents(US).mdb

Unable to cast COM object of type.... This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID... failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRRESULT: 0X80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE))

Any tips?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD Architecture Detail Components not working after Windows 11 Update

No doubt that 2020 used 32 bit to talk to mdb and Windows 11 doesn't have that component anymore, relying on 64 bit Office components. What version on Office do you have installed? According to Autodesk, Windows 11 support starts with 2021. You might search for a Microsoft solution for 32 but oledb access.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD Architecture Detail Components not working after Windows 11 Update

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Jobe View Post
    No doubt that 2020 used 32 bit to talk to mdb and Windows 11 doesn't have that component anymore, relying on 64 bit Office components. What version on Office do you have installed? According to Autodesk, Windows 11 support starts with 2021. You might search for a Microsoft solution for 32 but oledb access.
    Thanks, I just tried installing the Microsoft Access Database Engine 32bit and it won't let me install it because I have 64 bit installed. It might be more effort to fix this than to update at this point, but the Windows 11 update worked fine on my laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1232 View Post
    Thanks, I just tried installing the Microsoft Access Database Engine 32bit and it won't let me install it because I have 64 bit installed. It might be more effort to fix this than to update at this point, but the Windows 11 update worked fine on my laptop.
    Sorry for the double post... would this work?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-46cbb9d730c7

Login to Give a bone

I don't believe that you can have 64 bit version of Office and use the 32 bit driver at the same time. You have to choose one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1232 View Post
    At least 2 versions are broken.
    Is there a reason that you don't upgrade AutoCAD? Are you trying to keep multiple versions working?
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Jobe View Post
    I don't believe that you can have 64 bit version of Office and use the 32 bit driver at the same time. You have to choose one or the other.

Is there a reason that you don't upgrade AutoCAD? Are you trying to keep multiple versions working?
    I have a custom setup, with toolbars, and it is a pain to upgrade.

The problem seems to have been fixed by installing AutoCAD Architecture 2022. The older versions work now.