See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotating value in dynamic block to zero

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rotating value in dynamic block to zero

Hi BlackBox
    I am running into a peculiar problem when I insert dynamic blocks into a drawing that already has that block in it with AutoLisp. The first time I run the routine it in an existing drawing, it inserts it, makes changes to the dynamic parameters using your routine (and another similar one) and the routine crashes. When I run it again in the same drawing it works fine. I have tried other routines that insert and manipulate dynamic blocks and the same thing happens. The problem, in short, is the simultaneous insertion and manipulation of the block via code. I can insert dynamic blocks without any issues. This started happening since version 2021. Have you experienced this problem? I've looked for this issue on the internet and I have not found anyone solutions to this issue.
    Manuel

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rotating value in dynamic block to zero

Quote Originally Posted by cadconcepts View Post
    Hi BlackBox
    I am running into a peculiar problem when I insert dynamic blocks into a drawing that already has that block in it with AutoLisp. The first time I run the routine it in an existing drawing, it inserts it, makes changes to the dynamic parameters using your routine (and another similar one) and the routine crashes. When I run it again in the same drawing it works fine. I have tried other routines that insert and manipulate dynamic blocks and the same thing happens. The problem, in short, is the simultaneous insertion and manipulation of the block via code. I can insert dynamic blocks without any issues. This started happening since version 2021. Have you experienced this problem? I've looked for this issue on the internet and I have not found anyone solutions to this issue.
    Manuel
    Not sure there's enough information, code, etc here for me to offer any guidance.

Inserting blocks is inherently done one-at-a-time (in series), as evidenced by there's only being a single coordinate for base point at insertion, so not sure that's the real cause.

HTH
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12