See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Search various folders drawings (.dwg files) for a specific block name.

Login to Give a bone

Default Search various folders drawings (.dwg files) for a specific block name.

I'm looking for a way through a lisp routine to search various folders drawings (.dwg files) for a specific block name.
    The result in an excel list of the found dwg files where the specific block is located.
    I am not looking for a specific file but for the block reference in a .dwg file.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Search various folders drawings (.dwg files) for a specific block name.

Have you tried using Design Center (ADCENTER Command), then simply click the Search button?

In the Search dialog, filter for Blocks and enter the Block Name you want to look for, then you can populate your spreadsheet, no?
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Search various folders drawings (.dwg files) for a specific block name.

It's possible to use the Design Center. After the search I have to close the result window to open it. It''s not possible to export the result to Excel.

Login to Give a bone

You might want to try the DwgSearrch Freeware from the Autodesk App Store ...
    https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Det...en&os=Win32_64

Simply check on the Block toggle in the tables section. When the results are complete click the [Copy to Clipboard] button and paste it into Excel or any other application. The DwgSearch is fast because it doesn't actually open the drawings in the editor.

Login to Give a bone

with lisp you can use getstring to specify a block name, acet-ui-pickdir to select a folder, ObjectDBX/vla-get-blocks to go inside a drawing database and then write the search results to a csv file

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    Have you tried using Design Center (ADCENTER Command), then simply click the Search button?

In the Search dialog, filter for Blocks and enter the Block Name you want to look for, then you can populate your spreadsheet, no?
    Is there an another solution?