Thread: Corridor DRef -- any known issues

Login to Give a bone

Default Corridor DRef -- any known issues

I've never had a great need for corridors, until now - and have pretty much ignored them. Generally simpler to use feature lines on the jobs I've been doing. Unfortunately, I got sucked into a subdivision job, and decided to finally give them a shot,

In my corridor drawing file, containing nothing but corridors and DRef'ed alignments and profiles- it seems to work the way the youtube videos describe. but when I Dref the corridors into my surface drawing, the elevations don't make any sense, Doing an ID on the center of the Dref corridor, the elevation seems to be coming from Crown Sub Base, not crown, and any extracted feature lines do not match the elevation expected. Is this a known issue with DRef corridors?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Corridor DRef -- any known issues

Instead of using Corridor DREF, simply create a Corridor top Surface and DREF that into your proposed Surface drawing & paste into proposed Surface.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I may end up going back to that, but I'll miss being able to extract of offset feature lines... Just seems weird as heck that Dref _looks_ like it works, but doesn't

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    I may end up going back to that, but I'll miss being able to extract of offset feature lines... Just seems weird as heck that Dref _looks_ like it works, but doesn't
    You can still use Feature Lines for that (I do), just use Elevation Editor to set it to be dynamic against your Corridor's Surface DREF and it will stay up to date on sync. I find this better for a host of reasons, but the ability to add only the hump/sump/critical PIs & EPs to said Feature Lines, so that the complexity of the Feature Line is minimal, yet provides all of the key grade breaks for resultant Surface modeling is a biggie (for me).

I typically model the roads using a Corridor, such that they extend 1' beyond R/W lines (so I can pick up front lot corners off the straight TIN lines that comprise the Surface edge), then use Feature Lines for lot lines and Polylines for pads & ponds. Once I've set the lot Feature Lines to Corridor Surface, I have LISP that sets all lot grades based on the front lot corner elevation, so it's all relative to PGL. Then I have a LISP that sets pad elevation per the highest adjacent lot line elevation.

Proposed Surface only models up to finished pad, and I use Surface Labels with an Expression to label Finished Floor in the plans, so one Surface can be used in plans & earthwork calcs.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

thanks, that sounds good