See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Dynamic block with polar stretch and second polar pair stretch at 90 degree offset

Login to Give a bone

Default Dynamic block with polar stretch and second polar pair stretch at 90 degree offset

sorry cross posted, had in wrong section:
    I'm building a dynamic block for a pipe flange that can be stretched to fit the valve or instrument its flanged to. The block includes the option for a single flange or double flange using visibility states, and a rotation to match the pipe angle with a wipeout background. I am trying to add the ability to stretch the flange in 90 degree to the pipe angle for wider equipment. I have tried combining polar stretch and a liner stretch with or with out rotation. I was able to get the Wide stretch to work but only when the block is horizontal. If the block is not 0 or 180 the second stretch skews the flange parts in odd angles. When I try to add the stretch window of the linear stretch to the polar stretch I get an error and 2 items cant be added (the stretch windows I assume)

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic block with polar stretch and second polar pair stretch at 90 degree offset

Found that using rotation instead of angle the stretch vertical moves correctly. The rotate parameter and action cause an angle change not rotation. Not sure how to get this working. What I did find is if I use Align parameter the rotation is set not angle, so stretch is working. This is acceptable because I will always use this block connecting to a line I can Align to. Hope this helps someone else. If any one has another idea i'd love to see what you come up with.
    Attached my work around. Need a line in your drawing to snap the block to. the arrow will stretch the width (height) of the Flange. The other grip allows to lengthen the set.
    Attached Files Attached Files