Thread: Snap Points on Text Boxes

Wish List Administration

Default Re: Snap Points on Text Boxes

Summary: Text boxes should have snap points so it's easy to align them with other features.

Description: Hello,

I really wish ACAD would add snap points to text boxes. I often add a mtext box with a frame for notes on construction documents. It's very difficult to align the text box with other elements and would be much easier if the frame had snap points at it's vertices. For example, my key plan is in a viewport with snaps and I would like my legend and notes to be in line with the key plan viewport. Right now, I turn OSNAP off and zoom way in to grab a point as close to the corner of the text frame as possible, then turn OSNAP back on and align it with the snap from the viewport.

Thank you!
    LPendergraft

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - MText

Submitted By: ependergraft800458 on 05/06/2022

Certifiable AUGI Addict

It's controlled by the OSNAPNODELEGACY (System Variable) https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2...E-09A89F0F3DD2
    The number and location of nodes on a multiline text object snap depends on the vertical and horizontal justification of the multiline text object.

Value Description
    --------------------------
    0 Node object snap can be used with multiline text objects
    1 Node object snap ignores multiline text objects

Usually the lower-left and upper-right corners of Mtext can be snapped to as nodes with OSNAPNODELEGACY set to 0.
    With Mtext justification set to middle-center all four corners can be snapped to as nodes with OSNAPNODELEGACY set to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    Usually the lower-left and upper-right corners of Mtext can be snapped to as nodes with OSNAPNODELEGACY set to 0.
    With Mtext justification set to middle-center all four corners can be snapped to as nodes with OSNAPNODELEGACY set to 0.
    If not set to middle-center, the INSERT osnap can be used at the MText object's insertion point. The other three corners are accessible with the NODE osnap. If the HEIGHT property is shorter than the volume of text within the MText object, the osnap points will not be near the end of the text.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt