Thread: Eror: Not all intersecting references ... could be used to intersect the surface

Login to Give a bone

Default Eror: Not all intersecting references ... could be used to intersect the surface

Hi All,

I have searched multiple posts in different Revit forums posts but I could not find a clear resolution to this problem. It seems this is a long-lasting item that Revit does not seem to work well with.

I have a conceptual mass and I pushed/pulled some of the edges to create a faceted surface. Then I added horizontal and vertical Reference Planes with defined names. Note that the divided surface UV layout is set to “None”.

Then I use the “Intersect” feature with the Divided Surface to get my custom UV layout. But no matter what I do, I get this error [Not all intersecting references (levels, reference planes or lines) could be used to intersect the surface]. Then when I apply a simple curtain panel pattern base on the divided surface, some panels do not get placed.

I will appreciate any help or pointers.
    Thanks
    2.JPG3.jpg1.jpg

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Eror: Not all intersecting references ... could be used to intersect the surface

I also forgot to mention that when I apply the curtain panel pattern base, there are some gaps. And some panels get created even though there is no intersecting plane!
    Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (133.2 KB, 6 views)