Thread: Dynamic block fails when using Point Parameter - not release or version specific

Login to Give a bone

Default Dynamic block fails when using Point Parameter - not release or version specific

I’ve been playing around with dynamic blocks. I have one that is getting close to what the department wants. The problem is when I include the Point parameter the block fails – the attribute text moves incorrectly with rotate, stretch or flip. I want to include the Point parameter so the text remains horizontal during the rotate.

I have attached a file that includes blocks. One shows a correct rotate function [rotate_test], one that includes the desired features - less the horizontal text, and the failed block.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic block fails when using Point Parameter - not release or version specific

In your failed block, do you have the attributes included in the rotation action selection set? If so, try removing them from that action and see if that fixes it. You will want the move action included in the rotation action, but not the elements the move action will be moving.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic block fails when using Point Parameter - not release or version specific

I went back and redefined the block, confirming the point parameters were not included in the flip & stretch actions. That fixed the issues with these. The text still moves with the rotation action. The only way I have found to keep the text from moving is when the the stretch & flip actions are removed from the block, not just de-selected.

Login to Give a bone

The Rotate, Flip, Stretch actions should not include the attributes within their respective selection sets, however, the move action that moves the attributes should be included within those actions. In your block editor, you can remove the attributes from each of those three actions (actually five since there are three Stretch actions). This should get you what you wanting to accomplish as I understand it.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt