Thread: Change the cover to a pressure pipe network

Login to Give a bone

Default Change the cover to a pressure pipe network

OK, is there a way for force the cover to a pressure pipe network after it's laid out in plan?

I had set a reference surface "ROADS" when laying out the pressure pipe, and cover was set to 3' then I went to look at it in profile, and discovered that the inverts elevations are wildly fluctuating.

Does not appear to be possible to set anything in Panorama for elevation or cover -- I can edit and change the pipe cl elevation in Panorama, but as soon as I click out of that the number reverts. I really hate the thought of manually picking each and every pipe segment in plan and editing the elevation there...

Ideas?
    Last edited by cadtag; 2022-07-11 at 01:01 PM. Reason: clarified that it's a pressure pipe network

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Change the cover to a pressure pipe network

Have you tried the ApplyRules command? I've not used it and cannot say for certain that is the fix.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Good thought, but it doesn't apply to pressure pipe networks (Sorry, I was not clear in my post)
    Last edited by cadtag; 2022-07-11 at 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling is hard on miondays

Login to Give a bone

I haven't used those enough to know what can be changed through automation. May have some options through Dynamo, but probably not.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I don't use Pressure Pipes (yet); have you already tried changing the Offset?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...CCA55-htm.html
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

That looks helpful, except I did not use the new pipe run feature to build the network, Guess the only way to do do it in Profile Views, adding each pipe to the view and then setting cover there. Lot of clicking....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    That looks helpful, except I did not use the new pipe run feature to build the network, Guess the only way to do do it in Profile Views, adding each pipe to the view and then setting cover there. Lot of clicking....
    You could always create a Pipe Run from Pressure Network Parts:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...93B4D-htm.html

That said, this is all kind of why we still use Pipe Networks for pressurized mains - whole lot of extra work/steps, and styles to manage, when we've already got everything we need for plans production.

Plus, I've already coded the LispFunction Methods that allow me to use LISP routines to set pipe cover by selection, for Pipe Networks created prior to a proposed Surface being created, or it drastically changes, etc. Normally, we just convert Polylines to Feature Lines, set to Surface grade, raise/lower 3', then create Pipe Network from Feature Lines using them as top of pipe, and merge as needed.

When new things outperform what we've already got, they're adopted quickly... Just haven't seen that from Pressure Networks (yet).

Anyway, HTH
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I can't help with editing pressure pipe inverts that have already been drawn. But what I did learn to do was to copy the alignment to a 3dpolyline and project the 3dpolyline to the profile (using object elevation) before creating my pressure network.

I can do things like set the elevation relative to the surface, and create vertices where I want my valves and fittings to be. I can also set or remove additional vertices in order to model my pipe deflections or set straight sections for pipe casings/crossing. From there, I use the 3dpolyline as a source to create the pressure network from object.

Editing the 3dpolyline elevation points on the profile is loads faster than editing fittings and pressure pipe sections. When I want to make changes, I just delete the things that go way and add new from another 3dpolyline as needed.