See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: REFEDIT sending error on saving

Login to Give a bone

Default REFEDIT sending error on saving

Hello!
    I have been working on CAD since 2004 & from that time every year I got one specific problem --

""Cannot save back changes because objects in the working set reference objects outside of the working set. The Refedit session is still active. Press F2 after dismissing the dialog to see the list of missing references.""

this happens when I have made one block with some general drawing objects, marked some dimensions & Qleaders with text and suddenly when I tried to save that block it gives the above error.

on pressing F2 button i got this message - -

""""""""""
    Enter option [Save/Discard reference changes] <Save>: _sav
    Errors found in references to other objects:
    ** Application reference missing: ACAD, to AcDbLinetypeTableRecord.
    Regenerating model.

""""""""""

anyways I ignored the error and tried removing one by one objects from that block, & I found qleader and text are creating problem with this, I removed them - the block got saved,,, i keep them---the error continuously appear. since the block is used 4~5places in the drawing so it is difficult to add qleader and text separately everywhere., as I need to update all blocks to get update at once if some changes are there.

Attached is the drawing with object which I wanted to add in my drawing at 4-5 places with all dimensions and qleader, text..... it is made as block - i wanted to add qleader with the block with refedit command but it gives error. however if i explode all objects and the tried to make the block, it creates the block but then denied to refedit the same.

Can anyone help me, so I can save the block with the qleaders and text.

(Autocad-2013 , Windows-10-64bit, i7-10th generation)

Regards,
    Lalit
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: REFEDIT sending error on saving

Quote Originally Posted by lalit_jangid View Post
    Hello!
    I have been working on CAD since 2004 & from that time every year I got one specific problem --

""Cannot save back changes because objects in the working set reference objects outside of the working set. The Refedit session is still active. Press F2 after dismissing the dialog to see the list of missing references.""

this happens when I have made one block with some general drawing objects, marked some dimensions & Qleaders with text and suddenly when I tried to save that block it gives the above error.

on pressing F2 button i got this message - -

""""""""""
    Enter option [Save/Discard reference changes] <Save>: _sav
    Errors found in references to other objects:
    ** Application reference missing: ACAD, to AcDbLinetypeTableRecord.
    Regenerating model.

""""""""""

anyways I ignored the error and tried removing one by one objects from that block, & I found qleader and text are creating problem with this, I removed them - the block got saved,,, i keep them---the error continuously appear. since the block is used 4~5places in the drawing so it is difficult to add qleader and text separately everywhere., as I need to update all blocks to get update at once if some changes are there.

Attached is the drawing with object which I wanted to add in my drawing at 4-5 places with all dimensions and qleader, text..... it is made as block - i wanted to add qleader with the block with refedit command but it gives error. however if i explode all objects and the tried to make the block, it creates the block but then denied to refedit the same.

Can anyone help me, so I can save the block with the qleaders and text.

(Autocad-2013 , Windows-10-64bit, i7-10th generation)

Regards,
    Lalit
    I'm not sure what the problem is you are having, but if you're editing a xref (drawing), I suggest editing the actual drawing (xopen) or if you're editing a block you use (bedit).

"refedit" seems to have had a history of issues, and there are better ways to edit those things.
    Give that a try to see if you avoid those problems.

I do use "refedit" for blocks now and then but not dynamic blocks.

Just a thought.

Login to Give a bone

Hello tedg!

I have read your reply, Please note the benefit of using refedit is -- we can add/remove background objects within the block to get fast working and all the similar blocks got updated with same details... the drawing / object / block which i shared with original post is used 7~8 places in the drawing and it is very dificult to add separate details at each and every place, so we make details at one place using refedit , add / remove required objects then refclose the block with saving it to update at all places.

but in this drawing I have re-checked the objects - only the qleader is creating problem, i have removed the qleader and added all objects in the block, it allows to save the block, but if i add qleader in the block, it creates error.... i have deleted existing & created new qleader, but same error is there... please help about this...

hope you understand my concern this time..

Regards,
    Lalit

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lalit_jangid View Post
    Hello tedg!

I have read your reply, Please note the benefit of using refedit is -- we can add/remove background objects within the block to get fast working and all the similar blocks got updated with same details... the drawing / object / block which i shared with original post is used 7~8 places in the drawing and it is very dificult to add separate details at each and every place, so we make details at one place using refedit , add / remove required objects then refclose the block with saving it to update at all places.

but in this drawing I have re-checked the objects - only the qleader is creating problem, i have removed the qleader and added all objects in the block, it allows to save the block, but if i add qleader in the block, it creates error.... i have deleted existing & created new qleader, but same error is there... please help about this...

hope you understand my concern this time..

Regards,
    Lalit
    Hello again, I looked at your example drawing and was able to re-create your problem.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you were copying and pasting (ctr+c) (ctrl-v) the text and leader into the block while in the refedit session?
    I tried that and got the same warnings.

It's because while in a "refedit" session, AutoCAD won't let you paste things from outside that session.
    I simply created/drew those things while in the refedit session, and it fixed the issue, allowed it be there.

Hope that helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    Hello again, I looked at your example drawing and was able to re-create your problem.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you were copying and pasting (ctr+c) (ctrl-v) the text and leader into the block while in the refedit session?
    I tried that and got the same warnings.

It's because while in a "refedit" session, AutoCAD won't let you paste things from outside that session.
    I simply created/drew those things while in the refedit session, and it fixed the issue, allowed it be there.

Hope that helps
    Hello Sir,

please note I am not copying from normal drawing and pasting in refedit block... I am trying to add the qleader/text to existing block.. by "" refedit _refset _add "".. Also note that this problem is seen in some particular drawings only not in all drawings which I can't figured out why & which file will create problem?

as you said i also tried to "purge all" and made new qleader & it works fine, but unable to understand what happed to current dimstyle, which i used in all my drawings, can anyone explain?

Regards, Lalit