Thread: Recreate 2006 UI in 2022 UI

Login to Give a bone

Default Recreate 2006 UI in 2022 UI

I just upgraded from 2006 to 2022. In 2006 I have a whole buncha menus and toolbars on the left screen and do all of my drawing on teh right screen (dual monitor system).
    How can I get 2022 set up the same as my 2006 was? I've tried moving menus, but even after i set LOCKUI to 0 I can't even find some of the toolbars I want. Modify, Modify II, ASHADE, etc.
    Can I transfer my 2006 user profile to 2022?
    Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Recreate 2006 UI in 2022 UI

I wouldn't recommend transferring your 2006 user profile as there are numerous changes between those versions.

Do you have a screen shot of your 2006 interface for others can see to provide a better solution?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

One of the biggest changes introduced since 2006 was the Ribbon. Most modern apps use it because it conserves space as opposed to toolbars. I don't even have one toolbar displayed. Seriously, you should give it a try before trying to make it the way it was. Optionally, it's not hard to create a toolbar using the CUI command.

Transferring your profile probably wouldn't work since a profile does not contain the toolbars. They are contained in menus and for some time now, they are contained in cuix files. You could load an old mnu file as a partial menu using the MENULOAD command, and it would be converted to a cuix. Since many commands have changed in the last 16 years, some of your buttons may not work. But it would be a step closer to what you want.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

With all the commands that have been added & modified more than half of your 2006 macros wouldn't work and image sizes have not only changed but have all been upgraded to PNG files with transparent backgrounds.
    There are many command improvements and functionality that's only available from either the ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar now.
    As I remember the 2006 version introduced using cui files and the Dashboard which was upgraded to customization files zipped into cuix files and the first Ribbon in the 2007 version.

Sorry you've found yourself 15 years behind the learning curve but you need to get caught up on how much easier using the current versions are. Why didn't you upgrade to the current 2023 version?

Login to Give a bone

Because the 2023 version was ~$2300 (IIRC) and v2022 was $34.99. Simple economics. I'm retired and use AutoCAD for creating STL files of model railroad projects to be 3D printed. I don't have a company and live off SSA, so money is a MAJOR driving concern.

Login to Give a bone

As you mentioned you are retired and are working to build models for 3D printing, you might look into Fusion 360. Autodesk has a free license for hobbyist / personal users.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Autodesk's Tinkercad is also free and there is a community gallery.

How did you get 2022 for $35?
    C:> ED WORKING....