Thread: AutoCAD before taking the subject?

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb AutoCAD before taking the subject?

So I started studying architecture at and I want to be able to work using AutoCAD right away. I came across several courses () but I don't know where to start.

I know AutoCAD will help me (and any other future and current architecture out there), but I want to know where did you start, and if you have any tips you can give me, I would be grateful.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD before taking the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by jeansak View Post
    So I started studying architecture at and I want to be able to work using AutoCAD right away. I came across several courses () but I don't know where to start.

I know AutoCAD will help me (and any other future and current architecture out there), but I want to know where did you start, and if you have any tips you can give me, I would be grateful.
    I noticed this post is in the "ACA General" sub forum, which seems to indicate you want to learn/use that platform for Architectural Design?
    That is not vanilla AutoCAD but a specific addon vertical package for Architecture.

We work with some firms that use ACA but we don't use it.
    We typically use Revit for most of our large Architecture/Engineering projects, and Vanilla AutoCAD when not, so I have no advice regarding ACA.

For training, there are companies out there that do training you could look into, I went to a community college a long time ago, and learned everything from the basics to advanced.
    At the very least you should get some professional training for the "basics" so you don't make rookie mistakes like some "self-taught" people do.

Hope that helps.