Thread: Autodesk Desktop Connector has been uninstalled but keeps announcing updates are available

Login to Give a bone

Default Autodesk Desktop Connector has been uninstalled but keeps announcing updates are available

I've run through the clean uninstall process for desktop connector but I keep getting notifications that there is an update available. How do I make it stop!?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk Desktop Connector has been uninstalled but keeps announcing updates are available

The Desktop Connector (for BIM 360 stuff) or the Desktop App (for locally installed ADesk software)?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk Desktop Connector has been uninstalled but keeps announcing updates are available

Desktop Connector for BIM 360 stuff.

Login to Give a bone

Maybe that could be a little clearer? What is giving the notice? Usually Desktop App is what notifies of updates. I uninstalled it, 1. It can cause problems if you use it to do the update and 2. Users don't have the rights to do the update. If you are talking about Desktop Connector, this document explains how to suppress notifications.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

adsk_update.png
    Okay, now you've got me wondering what it is that I'm looking at. Anyway, this is the notification that keeps popping up. There is no Autodesk software installed on the machine so there shouldn't be any notifications at all. I'll take a look at the registry and let you know what happens.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    adsk_update.png
    Okay, now you've got me wondering what it is that I'm looking at. Anyway, this is the notification that keeps popping up. There is no Autodesk software installed on the machine so there shouldn't be any notifications at all. I'll take a look at the registry and let you know what happens.
    I'm pretty sure that's the Desktop App, which likely didn't get uninstalled with any ADesk software there may have been on that machine.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CAtDiva View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the Desktop App, which likely didn't get uninstalled with any ADesk software there may have been on that machine.
    Agreed. It looks like Desktop App is trying to update itself.
    C:> ED WORKING....