See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake Annotation Scale in Viewport?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fake Annotation Scale in Viewport?

I'm probably too late to be useful to you on this project but personally I'd go a different way altogether.
    First, do your work only at 1/8 on the overall plan.
    Secondly, create duplicate dependent views for each quadrant and insert those into your sheets after resizing them to the quadrant you want. After insertion, you'll never need to go into them. Since they are dependent, any change to the working plan will follow. Don't forget to use Revit's matchline command, best way to do those.
    Finally, create an independent duplicate view for your 1/32 scale sheet. Since it will be independent, you can change the scale without problems. Use filters or view properties to hide anything you don't want to see at this small scale.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fake Annotation Scale in Viewport?

Quote Originally Posted by mp803132 View Post
    I'm probably too late to be useful to you on this project but personally I'd go a different way altogether.
    First, do your work only at 1/8 on the overall plan.
    Secondly, create duplicate dependent views for each quadrant and insert those into your sheets after resizing them to the quadrant you want. After insertion, you'll never need to go into them. Since they are dependent, any change to the working plan will follow. Don't forget to use Revit's matchline command, best way to do those.
    Finally, create an independent duplicate view for your 1/32 scale sheet. Since it will be independent, you can change the scale without problems. Use filters or view properties to hide anything you don't want to see at this small scale.
    This is pretty much what has been suggested, but the OP doesn't want to have to go into multiple views to adjust tags etc, so by making that "independent" 1/32" view they would have to and are back to where they started.
    The difference from what you're suggesting is (in "option 2") the previous proposed 1/8" overall plan (parent to the the quadrant views) is used with an oversized/scaled-up title bock/sheet.
    This way the OP is only dealing with the overall view and all the quadrants get updated (as they are dependent).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12