See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Vessel lugs will not move from the bottom of the vessel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Vessel lugs will not move from the bottom of the vessel

A vertical vessel with support lugs. even after changing the H dimension, will not move from the bottom of the vessel. Tried using a positive number for H and a negative number for H. It will not accept a negative number for H. Is there a solution to this other than building lugs with Autocad solids?

Autodesk has sent me an email pertaining to this issue. The email gave me a knee-jerk response to tell me to use the ADD TRIM button on the dialog to make a new vessel. I would think that it was obvious that I had already done that because the image has lugs on the vessel.

But besides that, why is AUGI giving my email address to Autodesk? AND, why is Autodesk soliciting me to join their forums and not posting responses here. Is AUGI now a division of Autodesk? I use to get all the answers I need here on AUGI forums. Autodesk would only put me on hold or give the same kind of response as the email I just received.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dervin; 2022-09-27 at 12:44 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Vessel lugs will not move from the bottom of the vessel

I figured out the reason why the lugs would not move.

In the process of building the vertical vessel, placing a tank head, then the cylinder, then another tank head, then the lugs, is incorrect. Doing it that way associates the lugs with the last tank head.

Place the lugs after placing the cylinder and before placing the second or bottom tank head. This way associates the lugs with the cylinder which has vertical length to move the lugs in the H dimension direction.

Consider this thread solved. Tell Autodesk to stop sending me emails. They're worthless.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for posting the resolution! I'm sure this will help someone down the road.

Administrator
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dervin View Post
    But besides that, why is AUGI giving my email address to Autodesk? AND, why is Autodesk soliciting me to join their forums and not posting responses here. Is AUGI now a division of Autodesk? I use to get all the answers I need here on AUGI forums. Autodesk would only put me on hold or give the same kind of response as the email I just received.
    Hi David,

I can assure you that AUGI has not provided your email (nor anyone else's) to Autodesk or any outside entities. I would like to dig into what you are seeing so that I can verify your privacy is still intact. You can reach me at david.harrington@augi.com

Thank you
    David Harrington
    AUGI Executive Director

Login to Give a bone

Say what you want. But it's not a coincidence that I received the emails from Autodesk right after posting this incident on AUGI Forums. This forum is the only place that I discussed this problem. Someone named rajendra.prajapat is somehow linking posts on AUGI with Autodesk's Knowledge Network. They are either linked or he is copying them. Nearly all my post on these forums are on Autodesk Knowledge Network without me doing it. There's a problem here. Can you explain how he got my email address and posts from AUGI? He responded via email with Autodesk logo in several places to a posts that I placed here. Not just this post.