Thread: Visibility States

Login to Give a bone

Default Visibility States

I am working on some dynamic blocks that have different visibility states. As I'm working on the geometry in them, I'm finding that if I create some geometry, set it to show in all visibility states, and then copy, or mirror that same geometry, the visibility state of the new geometry defaults back to current state, not all states.

It seems like this is not how it should be working.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Maybe a variable somewhere? Maybe it's acting as designed and it's just poorly designed?

~Brenda

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Visibility States

It is more likely the new geometry is not included in a parameter / action set after the copy.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Well, that's exactly it. I create the geometry; I change it to visible in all states and then I mirror it to the other side of the part. The "new" geometry on the other side of the part does not maintain the same visibility as the original part. It no longer is set to be visible in all states.

I expect this is the desired effect, and I guess I can see why (if I look at it from the other way, if I am making new geometry, maybe I don't want it to be the same).

It would be nice to actually be able to dictate how you want the geometry to act; either maintain the same visibility state or not. Oh well..

Also, Hi Opie!

Login to Give a bone

Any new geometry after visibility states are added require you to specify which states this new geometry are to be shown in.

P2A, Hi B!
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt