Thread: Dependent AND Offset section cuts?

Login to Give a bone

Default Dependent AND Offset section cuts?

I have an offset section cut for a large corporate headquarters building. The section wouldn't fit on a sheet, so I also had to create a dependent view to split the section. The offset to the section is in 1 corner of the building, so I can't split the view where the offset is to make it simple. Is there a way to still hide the center of the section cut, or do I have to just live with the line going all the way through the building? In retrospect, I probably should have just duplicated the view instead of using a dependent view, but I'm too far down the road now to change it, I think.

Has anyone else run into this, and if so, is there a work-around that someone has come up with?

Thanks,
    Traci

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dependent AND Offset section cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by tracigarner68734770 View Post
    I have an offset section cut for a large corporate headquarters building. The section wouldn't fit on a sheet, so I also had to create a dependent view to split the section. The offset to the section is in 1 corner of the building, so I can't split the view where the offset is to make it simple. Is there a way to still hide the center of the section cut, or do I have to just live with the line going all the way through the building? In retrospect, I probably should have just duplicated the view instead of using a dependent view, but I'm too far down the road now to change it, I think.

Has anyone else run into this, and if so, is there a work-around that someone has come up with?

Thanks,
    Traci
    Yes, the "Gaps in Segments" mark is still available on the section line. With a split section (offset), it creates three gaps - one in each segment of the split and another along the offset direction:

Section Split-gap.jpg

Drag the dot grips to keep as much or little of the section line(s) at you want.