Thread: Section Labels Inconsistent

Login to Give a bone

Default Section Labels Inconsistent

I created a profile view, profiles for vertical, and then designed a corridor. I then created sections and have minimal labels. The first clip is what they all should look like. There is a section of mill and overlay and then full depth pavement and then curb and the grass @2% with 3:1 up or down daylight to existing. I have one subassembly for the mill and one for the full depth pavement (same one actually – the mill has some 0 heights). I only want one slope label on top of each of the paving areas and then the elevation labels where they show on the clip. I setup the codes to show these labels only knowing the middle elevation one may be doubled. I have attached a word document with the text and the clips for this post.

Correct Labels.png

Some of the other sections are labeling it differently and incorrectly. Some have the slope labels like multiple subassemblies are there, but they are not. Some are leaving the labels off like this one - the physical CL elevation label is not there. And labeling and extra slope and elevation in the middle as if another subassembly is there but it is not.

Clip 2.png

Here are other examples: this one has no elevation label at the left and it has extra elevation and slope label in the middle.

Clip 3.png

And this one doing something similar but in a different place.

Clip 4.png

My issue is it is not consistently labeling it good or bad. Wondering if anyone else had run into this issue.

Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Section Labels Inconsistent

Are your sample lines all perpendicular to the alignment used to build your corridor? If your sample line crosses a frequency line within your corridor, an additional link is added to the section, thus causing another label added to the section view.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Sample Lines do not cross at all. This is few hundred feet of a straight road and the sample liens are 50 feet apart.

Login to Give a bone

Are the sections all using the same Code Set Style? I would assume that is a yes.

Can you post a picture of some of the sample lines in plan view showing them along the corridor?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Yes they are all using the same codes set. I attached a clip of the dwg so you can see the sample lines.

Sample Line Clip.PNG

Login to Give a bone

Are the purple lines showing the boundaries of sub-assemblies within the assembly associated with the regions of the corridor?
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

The magenta lines are the subassemblies and they are correct. The "extra" labels for the slope and elevation don't make sense and is the issue I am having. In this same project, I have sections that look fine and are labeled fine and others that are labeled incorrectly as shown in the clips.