See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labeling two Proposed Profiles on a Profile View

Login to Give a bone

Default Labeling two Proposed Profiles on a Profile View

I ran into a problem with one of our Storm Sewer profiles. We were profiling the pipe and adding the proposed vertical on the profile. We had a small piece at the beginning that tied back into existing and then the second piece starts a little farther down the profile view and goes to the end of the profile.

However, in the Profile View Properties, Band Tab, there does not seem to be a way to display both pieces using the band labels at the bottom of the profile. We had both pieces within the same profile (AECC_PROFILE entity). Using the bands, it would only label elevations of the first piece at the bottom of the profile and ignore that rest past the break.

This is a clip of the profile.
    Profile 1.png

We ended up drawing the first piece as a polyline and left the rest as a profile with the labels to send it out. Leaving out the first bottom proposed band label in this instance.

Is there a way to get all of the pieces to label at that bottom without adding more Band styles/Text? Meaning we can have gaps in the proposed profile vertical and still get the labels in the bands to display?

I added the text and image as a word doc.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Labeling two Proposed Profiles on a Profile View

Are the proposed profiles created by a surface or by layout? I think a surface based profile will do what you are attempting to do, but I am not certain.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

No the proposed is not thru a surface. These are just utility profiles that we add the vertical in after using some basic STA/Elev numbers. It is to basically check for cover and we don't need to be extremely accurate.Takes less time than creating a whole surface and getting it right.

Login to Give a bone

A surface profile should allow for holes within the profile to be annotated where a layout profile does not perform the same.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Yes I now understand that after working with it - but is there a fix for it? Another way to do it that I am not thinking of? We do many Utility profiles without surfaces, sometimes with minimal grading.

Login to Give a bone

Simple answer, no.

You might try having multiple layout profiles where holes are expected. You could then add another band set for each profile. Not certain that would work, though.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I thought of that but also not sure how to work it out. I may give it a try though. This happens often enough to cause issues. If I get to I will post what I experience.

Login to Give a bone

Hope it works for you.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

It did work. This is a workable solution. Create the second vertical "Profile" a second piece of the proposed grade. Then go into Profile View Properties, and select the Bands tab. Add in Your Finished Grade band style for a second time. Then select the second profile as Profile 2 in the new Finished Grade row. Set the Gap distance and Geometry points the same as your original Finished Grade band. This places it in the same place on the profile but only labels it for the second vertical "Profile" length. This is what my Band tab looks like.

Profile Clip.png

Login to Give a bone

Does this help you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast