See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Existing Curtain Wall, Demo Door and Replace with New Door

The Silent Type
    Login to Give a bone

Default Existing Curtain Wall, Demo Door and Replace with New Door

I just got back from an Owner's meeting and the Owner wants to now keep the existing storefront and replace the doors within. In Revit the door wants to stay the same phase as the storefront (curtain wall) it's in. What is the easiest way to show the doors as demo'd on the demo plans and new on the floor plans in Revit? (While keeping the existing storefront gray on both plans).

I tried changing the lineweight of the doors to appear demolished using graphic overrides via Visibility and Graphics and also right click>override graphics in view>by element and none of my color and linetype adjustments were visible on the floor plan. I tried changing several lines to pink just to make it easier to see, and they all stayed gray.

I've researched and saw where on the existing floor plan set the doors as an empty panel and then place in a curtain wall panel with just the door and set to demo. This is a bit of a pain because I have 32 doors. IS THERE ANY EASIER WAY????

THANK YOU!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Existing Curtain Wall, Demo Door and Replace with New Door

Switch out the panel that the door is to a wall type. It can be a dummy wall type that is not too thick and only has one layer.
    Then use a door family and have it hosted by the wall that is acting as a curtain wall panel. You can then demolish the existing door and add a new door without the curtain wall doing the same.
    You will also want to make a door family that is stripped down of the frame so it just shows the door panel and cuts the opening.
    You will also want to make sure the size of the panel you are placing the door into is the same size as the door.
    Attachment 109306

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Existing Curtain Wall, Demo Door and Replace with New Door

If you want to keep it all strictly as curtain wall components, you could switch the panel being demolished to the Empty Panel type. Then make a piece of the curtain wall the size of the door itself, with just the curtain wall door, and set that to demolished. Then make another piece that's just the new door and put it in the same place.

Yes it requires 2 separate curtain wall elements for each demolished and new door, but that way you don't have to make additional wall-hosted door families that are identical to your curtain wall door families.