Thread: schedule: facade component in place

Login to Give a bone

Smile schedule: facade component in place

Hi everyone,

Just starting our first Revit project at the office after a one week course.

I managed to model our building as it should be, but now I need to know the quantities of material to calculate the buildings cost.

The basic elements are no problem, but with the custom facade I made (using "model component in place"), I do not get the right amount as I would count it manually.
    The acctual facade would be steel mesh, placed into steel frame, with a max. width of 150cm each. then multiple frames are placed next to each other to form the actual facade.

I've built up this facade using the sweep tool for the frame, and extrusion for de steel mesh.
    Then I gave both the elements the right material and made a schedule tot calculate the area of the mesh.
    Now what happens according to me is, that revit calculates the extrusion from al sides ( so 6 in total) while all I need is just the front view, or even better the whole facade as one Area.

How can I accomplish this, because know there is more than double the material then what I need.

Hopefully I explained myself correct, if not, please ask...
    Attached Images Attached Images

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: schedule: facade component in place

I would look into using curtain walls to create this and then you can create a schedule to schedule the curtain panels. You could make the panel a custom family using a sweep for the frame and an extrusion for the mesh. Curtain walls are one of the built in wall wall types.