Thread: PAD Block with Lot# & FF Elev

Login to Give a bone

Default PAD Block with Lot# & FF Elev

I have an attributed dynamic block that includes a Dynamic rectangle that represents the pad boundary. It's dynamic properties are width & Depth and alignment with the building line. That part is very nice, but it is a total pain to edit when the PAD elevations change. It also includes an attribute that we edit for the lot#, FF text, and and attribute that we edit with the FF Elevation. My personal opinion is that attributed blocks are just a poor, inefficient way to do thing these days. I am trying to replace this block with a surface elevation label that includes all these items, so once we place the label we never have to edit the elevation value, but I can't get it to work. If deriving the lots #'s is possible then that would be even better. I need the elevation from inside the pad boundary from the FG surface plus a foot, but the text needs to align with the building line.

Best I can come up with is to delete the FF value from the dynamic block and continue using the block, then adding a label that would put the FF elev in the right location and rotation, but an struggling getting that to work.

Can anyone help with a solution?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: PAD Block with Lot# & FF Elev

With a C3D surface label, you can have a reference to a parcel. This should allow you to label the lot number along with the elevation of the surface at the label's insertion point.

Rotating that label will be a manual task unless you can get a .net solution created to adjust the RotationAngle property of the label. AutoLISP does not have access to that property for some reason.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt