Thread: Placing alignment point label data automatically into profile view

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Placing alignment point label data automatically into profile view

So I have an alignment. I also have an associated surface profile of the alignment.
    On that alignment I have station offset labels. (in this case I am using zero offsets)
    It would be great if Civil 3D could take those known station offset locations and place a vertical line for each in the associated profile view at those stations so I don't have to place them manually.
    Any ideas as to an efficient way to do this? Autocad knows the alignment station locations because it used that data to create the label in the first place.
    Under Analyze you have Station Tracker, which would work, but it only shows a temporary line and not a permanent line. I need that line to stay in the profile view.

Thanks,
    TT

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Placing alignment point label data automatically into profile view

You could use a feature line projected to the profile views. This would provide endpoint osnaps for you to create your permanent lines.

The problem with just lines is if the profile view is changed, the lines are not tied to the profile view. You may want to place profile view annotation at those points.

Other than that, AutoLISP has the access to the methods and properties of the Alignment and associated Profile View to enable the creation of basic linework in the Profile View based on point selections near the Alignment.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Placing alignment point label data automatically into profile view

Create points on alignment at the label locations. Additionally, you can assign elevations through a profile when creating points.
    Then project those points into profile view.