See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Need help constraining a rig for an adaptive component for a panel

Login to Give a bone

Default Need help constraining a rig for an adaptive component for a panel

I thought this would be easy, but I have been working on it all day without success. I want to create and adaptive component for a curtain panel where the corner at point 2 is always at a right angle, but the other corners will vary. I want to constrain reference lines that remain vertical and horizontal respectively, and a fixed distance from point 2. I can am able to properly constrain the point above and too the left of Point 2, but have not found a way to force the vertical and horizontal crossbars to stay that way. I tried adding an angular dimension to the reference line between points 1 and 2 to the vertical crossbar, but I can't edit it. I'm new at this so hopefully this is something obvious I am missing.
    Panel Constraints.png

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Need help constraining a rig for an adaptive component for a panel

Okay, with help from ToanDN on the Autodesk Revit Forum I got this to work. I created to new planes to define the x and y dimensions to the circle. Then placed points hosted and each of the four perimeter reference lines and used Hosted by Intersection to constrain the point in position. I then placed another set of four points the quadrants of the circle, and finally added a reference line connecting the point at the quadrant and the corresponding one on the perimeter reference line. If done properly the points, under properties both Driving Curve(s) and Driven by Host are checked and the value of Normalized Curve Parameter will be grayed out (since the position is controlled by the intersection.)

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by 310mjh802856 View Post
    Okay, with help from ToanDN on the Autodesk Revit Forum I got this to work. I created to new planes to define the x and y dimensions to the circle. Then placed points hosted and each of the four perimeter reference lines and used Hosted by Intersection to constrain the point in position. I then placed another set of four points the quadrants of the circle, and finally added a reference line connecting the point at the quadrant and the corresponding one on the perimeter reference line. If done properly the points, under properties both Driving Curve(s) and Driven by Host are checked and the value of Normalized Curve Parameter will be grayed out (since the position is controlled by the intersection.)
    Thanks for posting the solution! That will help someone down the road looking for it.

Login to Give a bone

Really great solution