Thread: Help request with a LISP for Block Attribute Edit without ATTSYNC

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Help request with a LISP for Block Attribute Edit without ATTSYNC

I have a LISP that does what I need after considerable searching here and elsewhere, found in an old thread on the AutoDesk forums here. That user is no longer active, or he's active under a new name, so I can't ask there. Can I get some help filling in the steps with the answers I need, and changing the "C" (crossing) pick command to allow me to keep selecting until I've selected all that I want to change? I have hundreds of attributes to change to the correct layer on 60 drawings per site, across about 7 or 8 sites.

• I need them to be moved from the object linework layer (which I need to keep because the rest of the block is correct) to our layer for text (which prints at correct lineweights).
    • I can't just rename the layer in question because I need that one too.
    • I don't want to run BATTMAN, because I have many hundreds of attributes that have been dragged to their current positions to show up in the mass of other objects in the way.

This one works fine, I just have to keep retyping everything, and it drops and cancels if I mis-click something. My request is for the commands/syntax to do what is in blue in the square brackets. It would be awesome if it could recover and keep going if I click air instead of an object.
    Thanks in advance for any advice, or an alternate way to do what I'm trying to do. It's also a very old LISP, dating from I think 2006, so there may be better ways to accomplish some of these items. It does work for what I need, it just is only slightly faster than editing each block with the Enhanced Att. Editor (I've already edited them all in the block editor in my master drawing).

Yes dynamic blocks would be GREAT but we're limited to using these for this customer.

Here's the lisp:
    (defun c:ATR (/ com val)
    (initget 1 "Height Angle Style Layer Color")
    (setq com (getkword "\nEnter Command (Height/Angle/Style/Layer/Color): ")) [insert L for layer here]
    (setq val (getstring "\nEnter Value: ")) [insert MYLAYER name here]
    (prompt "\nSelect Attributes by Crossing Window: ")
    (command ".attedit" "y" "*" "*" "*" "c" pause pause) [change C on this line to allow continued pick selecting]
    (while (> (getvar "cmdactive") 0)
    (command com val "n")
    )
    (princ)
    )
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Help request with a LISP for Block Attribute Edit without ATTSYNC

UAE.LSP (ultimate attribute edit)

https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Det...en&os=Win32_64