See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Layer Manager Not Working Properly (Critical Situation)

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Layer Manager Not Working Properly (Critical Situation)

AutoCAD 2023

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

When I open the layer manager, which always opens, and apply a function, most of the time, whatever I set in the manager will NOT apply to the relating drawing. So, I had to create a CLASSICLAYER icon on my screen since about 80% of the time, that's what I use. The CLASSICLAYER is very time consuming dealing with lots of drawings, where I will have to always click the OK button after every function.

For me, I noticed the Layer Manager issue since AutoCAD 2018. I went through 2019 and 2023, and decided to upgrade to 2023 and still the same issue.

My co-worker (AutoCAD 2023) has similar issue with his Layer manager that when he click on the XREF tree, the list of XREFs in the drawing will not show, but will show the main Layer Manager tree at the top.

I have been Googling to find a similar solution. I am desperate especially now that we are very busy at the office.

If you know of any post on this issue, please let me know.

Cheers

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Layer Manager Not Working Properly (Critical Situation)

I've never had an issue like you described.

AutoCAD now automatically display Xref Layer Filters when Xrefs are added to a drawing if your co-worker has Xref Layer Filter names in a template or added to a drawing it can cause issues especially if the name is the same as the filter name automatically added by AutoCAD.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Layer Manager Not Working Properly (Critical Situation)

Quote Originally Posted by omorah View Post
    AutoCAD 2023

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

When I open the layer manager, which always opens, and apply a function, most of the time, whatever I set in the manager will NOT apply to the relating drawing. So, I had to create a CLASSICLAYER icon on my screen since about 80% of the time, that's what I use. The CLASSICLAYER is very time consuming dealing with lots of drawings, where I will have to always click the OK button after every function.

For me, I noticed the Layer Manager issue since AutoCAD 2018. I went through 2019 and 2023, and decided to upgrade to 2023 and still the same issue.

My co-worker (AutoCAD 2023) has similar issue with his Layer manager that when he click on the XREF tree, the list of XREFs in the drawing will not show, but will show the main Layer Manager tree at the top.

I have been Googling to find a similar solution. I am desperate especially now that we are very busy at the office.

If you know of any post on this issue, please let me know.

Cheers
    SOLUTION:
    https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autoc.../true#M1094035