See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Wall Tag

Login to Give a bone

Default Wall Tag

I am trying to create a wall tag family that will link to a different sheet containing a blow up of the wall elevation. My company does this to locate Curtain Wall openings on overall building elevations and then when you click on the tag in the PDF, it sends you to a blow up elevation of the Curtain Wall. I'm not even sure it's possible at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wall Tag

What you want to use is a Callout that looks like your Wall Tag. A Wall Tag reports information from a wall whereas the Callout links to another view. In this case, it would be an Elevation Callout similar to the Curtain Wall elevation callout.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you for the reply! I truly appreciate it! I understand what you are saying, I was just wondering if it was possible to have a tag that would somehow link to another view on a sheet. The hope is to utilize the functionality of Tag By Category and expedite the process of identifying our CW frames in the overall building elevations. Our current workaround is to use a view reference that looks like our frame elevation tag. It works fine, but again, I'm just trying to increase our productivity a bit. Work smarter, not harder?

Login to Give a bone

This steps might help you
    Have a look:

1. Create a new sheet in your project for the blow-up of the wall elevation.

2. Create a view on the new sheet that shows the blow-up of the wall elevation.

3. Add a reference plane to the wall tag family where you want to place the hyperlink.

4. Select the reference plane and click on the "Add Parameter" button in the Properties palette to create a new parameter.

5. Name the parameter "Hyperlink" and set the Type of Parameter to "URL".

6. In the "Formula" field, enter the URL of the view that you created in step 2.

7. Click on the "Label" button in the Properties palette to add a label to the reference plane.

8. In the Label Properties dialog box, select the "Value" parameter and click on the "Insert Hyperlink" button.

9. In the Hyperlink dialog box, select the "URL" option and enter the same URL that you entered in step 6.

10. Save the family and load it into your project.

11. Place the wall tag family on the wall elevation where you want the hyperlink to appear.

12. Export the project to PDF format and test the hyperlink by clicking on the tag in the PDF.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.