See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Incoming Component & Outgoing component in structure label

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Incoming Component & Outgoing component in structure label

My structure label style has an "Incoming" component and an "Outgoing" component that are picking up the correct inverts.

The two components see to have the same <[Connected Pipe Invert Elevation ****]>. What is the differnce the Civil3D label is picking up.

I see no other Text Component content other than "Connected Pipe Invert Elevation".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Incoming Component & Outgoing component in structure label

You are correct. There is only the invert elevation of the pipe for the specific structure and incoming or outgoing pipes.

Are you creating new styles for your company?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    You are correct. There is only the invert elevation of the pipe for the specific structure and incoming or outgoing pipes.

Are you creating new styles for your company?
    So how is the "INV IN: <***>" component picking up the in elevation and the "INV OUT: <***>" component picking up the out elevation?

I have created expressions in the past but this is clearly picking up two different elevations associated with a single structure with out any assistance from an expression.

Login to Give a bone

The Outgoing/Incoming are determined by the flow method of the pipe. The INV property is the same regardless of Outgoing or Incoming. It is the INV at the structure being labeled.

You would typically only label the inv for the incoming pipes component and then label the inv for the outgoing pipes component.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    The Outgoing/Incoming are determined by the flow method of the pipe. The INV property is the same regardless of Outgoing or Incoming. It is the INV at the structure being labeled.

You would typically only label the inv for the incoming pipes component and then label the inv for the outgoing pipes component.
    I understand how to label and flow direction and inverts of pipes.

I am asking how the contents of the text are reading the In Elevation and the other component reading the Out elvation of one structure. Not a pipe or flow. Just the different elevations of one structure.

I need to create a label that would pick up two different INV IN Elevations with anther OUT Elev.

There is only one selection for <[Connected Pipe Invert Elevation(Uft|P2|RN|AP|Sn|OF)]> in structure label

Login to Give a bone

The incoming / outgoing component is for each pipe with that characteristic. If you have 2 incoming pipes and 1 outgoing, then you would have 3 label components as part of the structure label. If you have 5 incoming and 2 outgoing, you would have 7 label components added to the structure label.
    jUSt