Thread: List Pens

Login to Give a bone

Default List Pens

Good morning.

I just started a new position with a Civil Engineering company last week. I'm going to be cleaning up some of the files that are currently used and creating some standards. I am currently working on a company ctb plot file. I have googled this but have not found an answer. I'm wanting to somehow print a list of the colors and pen weights that are being used now. Is there a way to do this? TIA

Desi
    Abaci Consulting, Inc.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: List Pens

Try these attached drawings & make sure your Page Setup has the "Display plot styles" box checked.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tom Beauford; 2023-01-30 at 06:06 PM.

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I'm having trouble accessing your attached files. Do you happen to know what I may be doing wrong? Do I have the wrong membership?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by desib803548 View Post
    I'm having trouble accessing your attached files. Do you happen to know what I may be doing wrong? Do I have the wrong membership?
    Can you explain what trouble you're having?
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Sorry. I realized that I didn't explain it very well. I was hoping to print off a list of all the pens and what weights they are currently so that decisions can be made for a custom ctb. Since I posted this I have gone color by color and put the information into a spreadsheet for us to work with. I just thought there may have been a better way.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Sorry. I realized that I didn't explain it very well. I was hoping to print off a list of all the pens and what weights they are currently so that decisions can be made for a custom ctb. Since I posted this I have gone color by color and put the information into a spreadsheet for us to work with. I just thought there may have been a better way.
    Many use drawings like BlackBox and I that display colors and lineweights assigned either by color in a CTB or by Plot Style in an STB.
    23 versions ago the ability to assign lineweights ByLayer, ByBlock or by object was added making controlling them with layer states possible.
    We use an STB created by our state's DOT that only has 5 Plot Styles: Black, Color, 3 grayscales, and a light shade of the assigned color giving us complete control with layer states and only having to remember 5 Plot Styles instead of 256.

No matter which you choose CTB or STB I would recommend not assigning lineweights to them as it limits your ability to control lineweights in any other way.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks you. We use a ctb file that has been customized for the company. I just thought there might be a way to print a list of the pen weights that are currently being used as well as the colors associated with them. I thought there might be a way to just print them all out. I was able to make it work though. I just went color by color to see what pen weight was assigned to them. Thanks for the help!

Login to Give a bone

Thanks you. We use a ctb file that has been customized for the company. I just thought there might be a way to print a list of the pen weights that are currently being used as well as the colors associated with them. I thought there might be a way to just print them all out. I was able to make it work though. I just went color by color to see what pen weight was assigned to them. Thanks for the help!
    I can't seem to find it,
    but a while back we had a lisp (I think) that would do what you're talking about.
    It would list the colors, assigned line weights etc of a plotstyle you pick, and give you a csv file (or similar)

There is
    https://forums.augi.com/showthread.p...e-(CTB-or-STB)

that may help too.
    I has some links to threads that may get you what you want.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you!