See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Need a scalable block with text that will follow the drawing scale.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Question Need a scalable block with text that will follow the drawing scale.

Old dog needs to be taught a new trick, I used to just put the labels on the paper space but the manger wants it on the model space so we can swap out the title blocks and have the tags follow with the model scale. I know long ago and far away we did this but well you know. It has been a while.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Need a scalable block with text that will follow the drawing scale.

As one old dog to another, welcome to AUGI.

You first need to create a text style that is Annotative. This Help topic is a good starting place. AutoCAD comes with a default text style called "Annotative". It uses txt.shx as it's font. Best practice is to create your own style rather than modifying the default styles. When creating an annotative style, the most important feature is to set a value for Paper Text Height. The other half of the equation is to choose scales that you want your text to display at. The first part is to make sure your dwg has standard scales set using the SCALELISTEDIT command. Then, for the text you place, choose the standard scales that you want to apply to the text. To do this, right click on a text object and select Annotative Object Scale>Add Scales. For further help, see this topic.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Actually, if its going to be a block, the text doesn't need to be annotative (as long as the height for the style is set to zero)
    We have a column bubble block that is annotative, and the attribute text style is not annotative but it scales with the block that is.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Sincerely, another old dog

Login to Give a bone

I have found in the past using the Annotation feature in block generally messes up the text and it start moving with you use dynamic controls. Put a scale control onto the text and just scale it up & have that related say 1unit = 1mm?