See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Script × differents users/PCs

Login to Give a bone

Default Script × differents users/PCs

Hi,
    I have script to change blocks in drawings. It is something I and my colleagues use regularly. Some of them complained that these script tend to go into fatal errors if there is "too many" drawings. Usually too many means around 110 drawings.

I waited for a moment where we have one such crash. I took all the files from my colleague, created same folder, used the same script.
    Code:
    _Open
    "FILEPATH"
    LISP MACRO
    _Qsave
    _Close
    Script runs LISP file, that takes info of all blocks, deletes them and inserts them again from specified folder. Basically like updating XREF, but because of workflow & access rights we can't truly rely on XREFs. Besides this LISP macro it only runs purge.

Anyone encountered similar issue and figured out what can cause this? I am considering resetting AutoCAD to default, but considering how we customize our enviroment and tools, it is something I would prefer to not do blindly.

Thank you for any help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Script × differents users/PCs

So we can get the whole picture, how are you running the script? I use ScriptPro. Is that what you are using? With it, your script should only process one dwg. Then ScriptPro handles the file selection and batch process. It doesn't have a limit on how many files you can process. If you are using lisp to do that batch process, you may run into a memory issue.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Why not just redefine the blocks from the specified folder instead of deleting and reinserting with previous properties?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Honestly we just use standard SCRIPT command in AutoCAD and make our scripts through UltraEdit. This script we run with SDI 0, but we open and close each file.
    Is ScriptPro running free license to be used even for company purposes? It seems you have no issues there.

Login to Give a bone

ScriptPro is free to download and use. It's provided by an Autodesk employee. It doesn't require an install either. Just run the exe. It doesn't create the scripts though. I use Notepad++, which is also free. I use the PortableApps version. It is just a small file that also doesn't require install. It has syntax highlighting for many languages, including lisp, which a lot of scripts include.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn