Thread: Points style and label defaults

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Points style and label defaults

I have a point style and label style defined in "Edit Feature Settings - Points".

When I import them they do not come heave those styles defined.

What am I not doing right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Points style and label defaults

Why are you assigning them there? Shouldn't you use Description Key Sets with associated feature codes (or field codes) for each point? The description keys would then assign the point style as needed. You can also override point and label styles based on the point group the points are in.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Why are you assigning them there? Shouldn't you use Description Key Sets with associated feature codes (or field codes) for each point? The description keys would then assign the point style as needed. You can also override point and label styles based on the point group the points are in.
    We do not have a survey dept. I do eventually sort them through point groups.

I want them to come in on an exist point style and a very small text scale so as I am working towards my point groups I can start my comprehension of all things.

The "Edit Feature Settings" does have a "Default Style", Does it work?

Login to Give a bone

Does it work? Don't know. I don't use it. Best way to find out would be to try it. It may take you five minutes or less to work out the best process for your firm in this regard.

However, you could also Override the Point Style and Point Label Style in the _All Points point group. Until a COGO point has been placed in the drawing, this point group will not be accessible to modify.

If you have common feature/field codes for your points, you can create Description Key Sets to automatically style the points based on the those codes. Those codes can also be used to place the points into different point groups.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt