See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Installations w/ OOTB ACAD.CUI - Basics on How Duplicate Mods of First to Second

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Two Installations w/ OOTB ACAD.CUI - Basics on How Duplicate Mods of First to Second

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Jobe View Post
    One easy way:
    1. On 2022, Start Menu>AutoCAD 2022>Export AutoCAD 2022 Settings. Saves all customizations to a zip file. Note the path you saved it to.
    2. On 2023, Start Menu>AutoCAD 2023>Import AutoCAD 2023 Settings. Browse to the zip file you saved in step 1.
    Our IT only installed Map 3D, Civil 3D, etc… but not AutoCAD 2023 and none of the options listed at https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...-AutoCAD.html? are on our PC's. I guess AutoCAD must be installed as well to have those options.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Two Installations w/ OOTB ACAD.CUI - Basics on How Duplicate Mods of First to Second

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    Our IT only installed Map 3D, Civil 3D, etc… but not AutoCAD 2023 and none of the options listed at https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...-AutoCAD.html? are on our PC's. I guess AutoCAD must be installed as well to have those options.
    Maybe it's a Map thing? I have it for acade and amep. I noticed on this page that there is adMigrator.exe.
    Alternative 2: Migration using Windows shell (for advanced users only)
    The migration utility is called AdMigrator.exe and is in the AutoCAD program folder. For example:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20xx\AdMigrator.exe

Note:

For the versions of AutoCAD that do not have "Migrate From a Previous Release," double-click the AdMigrator.exe utility to see if it will allow settings to migrate.
    It is probably necessary to designate a specific target for the utility by creating a shortcut. To do this:

Right-click-drag AdMigrator.exe to the desktop (or other usable folder) and choose "Create shortcuts here."
    Right-click the shortcut and choose Properties.
    At the end of the contents of the Target field, type in a /product parameter:
    AutoCAD Electrical = /product "ACADE"
    AutoCAD Mechanical = /product "ACADM"
    AutoCAD Plant 3D = /product "PLNT3D"
    AutoCAD Map 3D = /product "MAP"
    AutoCAD Civil 3D = /product "C3D"
    Other parameters:
    "s" = silent mode
    "i" = import
    "e" = export
    "file" = the zipped configuraton file, structure: <path>\<name>.zip
    "language" = for example "de-DE" or "en-ENU"

The entire Target field should read as follows, including quotes, using AutoCAD Electrical 2020, German version, for example:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2020\AdMigrator.exe" /product "ACADE" /e /file "C:\temp\Standard_Profil.zip" /language "de-DE"
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

I could stop if I wanted to CEHill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    This technique worked for me in this instance: Very nice!

Only a superficial scrape was experienced: A bandage in the form of add-in installation brought things up to "100% operational health":

Add-ins present on the original installation require installing on the second installation which does make sense.

My thanks go to our generous and savvy community colleagues here provide some great insights and practical alternatives should this not work.
    Yours,

Clint
    Hill

------------------
    CAD Systems Operation and Management
    Chemical Plant Process + Mechanical Design Focus Areas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12