See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Template Location & File New

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Template Location & File New

Selecting New is not defaulting to the correct folder option I have established as my "Drawing Template File Location".

The two pictures below should help illustrate what I have or what I am doing wrong.

I have rebooted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Template Location & File New

Does changing the file type return the view to the correct folder?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Not sure what you mean by "Selecting New" but selecting New from the Quick Access Toolbar opens a new drawing using the drawing template saved in the Default Template File Location.
    If you click Open and change the file type to "dwt" it defaults to Drawing Template File Location.

Login to Give a bone

In addition to what Tom said, QNEW, just uses the settings in you OPTIONS. Iif you use the NEW command, it opens a dialog. That's where it matters what you have selected in "Files of type" at the bottom of the dialog. Since you can start a new file based off of a dwg, those can be stored anywhere and so the dialog uses the REMEMBERFOLDERS settings. But if you choose dwt, then those are typically stored in one location and the dialog jumps to your dwt folder stored in Options. So the trick is, keep your dialog set to use dwt files.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Jobe View Post
    In addition to what Tom said, QNEW, just uses the settings in you OPTIONS. Iif you use the NEW command, it opens a dialog. That's where it matters what you have selected in "Files of type" at the bottom of the dialog. Since you can start a new file based off of a dwg, those can be stored anywhere and so the dialog uses the REMEMBERFOLDERS settings. But if you choose dwt, then those are typically stored in one location and the dialog jumps to your dwt folder stored in Options. So the trick is, keep your dialog set to use dwt files.
    Yep, this is my experience. Thanks to the "brilliance" of a former CAD Manager, many of our "template" files are DWGs. So when I'm looking for them, I have to use the change to DWT trick to get to the folder, then back to DWG to find the file. It doesn't take long, but is a few extra clicks.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CAtDiva View Post
    Yep, this is my experience. Thanks to the "brilliance" of a former CAD Manager, many of our "template" files are DWGs. So when I'm looking for them, I have to use the change to DWT trick to get to the folder, then back to DWG to find the file. It doesn't take long, but is a few extra clicks.
    File>Save As is your friend. Just save them to dwt.
    C:> ED WORKING....