Thread: Control of mms files

Wish List Administration

Default Re: Control of mms files

Summary: Civil 3D Creates MMS files when a surface goes over a certain size. We have no way of controlling the mms file, name or location.

Description: Civil 3D creates mms files if a surface size is over a certain size. in Australia we constantly go over because our designs are 100's of kms (]62 miles for the non-metrically inclined) but have no way of controlling mms files associated to these surfaces.

We need a way of controlling the MMS files. for the following reasons.
    Copy between clients (internal and external) with different setups.
    Reallocation if missing.
    consistency between different team members
    All im asking is that the system be able to re-reference mms files in alternative locations and the ability of user assigned filenames

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - DWG

Submitted By: k.goulding on 03/23/2023

If all you want to do is control the file name and location, that's easy to do with VBA or lsp. Just monitor the folder that stores the mms files. Then you can either prompt the user for input or rename/move according to preconfigured variables, like project name surface ID, etc. It would be nice if Autodesk implemented your wish, but you don't have to wait. If you need help, post in one of the programming forums.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

I don't think that will work in this instance, Ed. The mms file may have file paths hardcoded. I am not certain on that. I try not to work with such large surfaces.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

I didn't know that. I don't use C3D. It just sounded like they were manually moving them. thx
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn