Thread: Command Line Docking

Wish List Administration

Default Re: Command Line Docking

Summary: Force Command Line to Dock

Description: How many more version of AutoCAD/Civil 3D will we have to bear through where the command line will not stay docked. Each new version seems to have this problem for the last 3 or 4 releases or more. With each new release I install I try to dock the command line and it will not stay. I then have to go search the internet for the fix to remember which file to edit and keep it docked and not floating.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - API

Submitted By: shanna on 04/26/2023

I don't have this problem on AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical. This seems to only be a problem on Civil 3D. I've heard other C3D users complain of this. The AutoCAD wish list won't help you much though. You can post in the C3D Ideas forum and people can vote on it. Or you can complain to the feedback portal. Sometimes I've created a tech support case to verify that it's not just my system, and if not, they will escalate the problem.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Still on 2023 version of Civil 3d but haven't modified it since the current default was introduced as it takes up very little screen space.
    I use Ctrl+F2 to view the large Text Screen when I need to see more. I also have an icon on my QAT to toggle it On/Off as well.