See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Get the table style of a selected table in autolisp or visual lisp

Login to Give a bone

Default Get the table style of a selected table in autolisp or visual lisp

Does any body know of some way to find out what table style a selected table is using? It does not seem to be part of the entget information or the vla information. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

David

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Get the table style of a selected table in autolisp or visual lisp

AutoCAD based table or vertical application based table such as from Civil 3D? AutoCAD based tables provide the StyleName property. Verticals may or may not provide an interface for such. I know Civil 3D does not provide that information through the AutoLISP environment.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    ... I know Civil 3D does not provide that information through the AutoLISP environment.
    Now that's just dumb. Haha

Wonder if Gile would entertain the idea of implementing a reflection-based get; LispFunction method, using his Inspector code base, so users could query properties in .NET API directly from LISP.

Not the same thing as allowing for set; obviously, but could still automate layer changes, etc in LISP, which would be great.

:Throws penny in a wishing well:
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Well I guess I win genius of the day award. I don't know how I missed that. Thanks for the help

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    Now that's just dumb. Haha
    What else is new? Most label elements in Civil 3D are not accessible to AutoLISP. I really need to move onto .NET.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt