Thread: How do I control the Layers of the Elevation Table of a Volume Surface

Login to Give a bone

Default How do I control the Layers of the Elevation Table of a Volume Surface

For a volume surface, I can produce an Elevation Table like this, I'm sure we are all familiar with.

Screenshot 2024-01-05 113630.png

I'm suppose to have the following control over layers

Screenshot 2024-01-05 113921.png

The problem I'm experiencing is that the Colored Squares (Red -> yellow -> Green) are being associated with a different layer (My companies BORDER layer)
    They only plot in color when that layer's plot style is set to color. I want that layer's plot style to be black, so those squares are plotting black.

How do I put those little squares on a different layer?

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How do I control the Layers of the Elevation Table of a Volume Surface

What layer is the table assigned?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How do I control the Layers of the Elevation Table of a Volume Surface

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    What layer is the table assigned?
    How do I find that out? I click on it, and it's on the 0 layer.

Login to Give a bone

If the table as inserted into the drawing is reporting it is on layer 0, I'm not sure how it is referencing the BORDER layer you stated earlier.

Are you plotting based CTB or STB styles? I'm assuming STB as you are referring to the Plot Style. You might create a new layer with the correct plot style settings and then assign the table to this new layer. Hopefully, this will resolve your issue.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    If the table as inserted into the drawing is reporting it is on layer 0, I'm not sure how it is referencing the BORDER layer you stated earlier.

Are you plotting based CTB or STB styles? I'm assuming STB as you are referring to the Plot Style. You might create a new layer with the correct plot style settings and then assign the table to this new layer. Hopefully, this will resolve your issue.
    When you say Assign the table to the new layer, You mean just select it and change it's layer in the properties window?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Pretty much, yes.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick G View Post
    For a volume surface, I can produce an Elevation Table like this, I'm sure we are all familiar with.

Screenshot 2024-01-05 113630.png

I'm suppose to have the following control over layers

Screenshot 2024-01-05 113921.png

The problem I'm experiencing is that the Colored Squares (Red -> yellow -> Green) are being associated with a different layer (My companies BORDER layer)
    They only plot in color when that layer's plot style is set to color. I want that layer's plot style to be black, so those squares are plotting black.

How do I put those little squares on a different layer?

Thanks.
    Those colors are assigned in the surface properties
    Analysis Tab
    Elevations
    Range Details
    Click there to change the colors