See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Why does my program hang and restart after modifying dynamic blocks?

Login to Give a bone

Question Why does my program hang and restart after modifying dynamic blocks?

Can someone help me? I wrote this program to insert a series of blocks based on the orientation of a wall corner. First the program asks if the form blocks to be inserted includes a stripping or regular form, then user input for the inside and outside points of the corner, then the program inserts, flip the blocks as required, and loops back again to the point where you select the next 2 points for the next wall corner. the problem I'm having is after inserting and modifying all the blocks for the first corner, it's supposed to loop back to point selections, but instead, the program hangs, shows this message in the command line:

"Command:
    Current settings: Object conversion=Delete
    Enter name of output file:

Enter name of existing block or
    [= (block=output file)/* (whole drawing)] <define new drawing>:"

then, you have to hit enter or spacebar to get out of it, but then it asks if it's a stripping corner again, requiring a "Y" or "N" from the user, which I dont want. I want it to assume that it's one or the other until I end the program. I'm assuming it has to do something with blocks that are created when modifying dynamic blocks because after doing all 4 corners, (upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right) the program runs perfectly. I'm assuming it has something to do with the "SYMC-flipit" and similar subroutines... full code attached... I know I'm not a high level programmer.. I don't pretend to be. I get by with the help of people like you. Thank you for looking!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Why does my program hang and restart after modifying dynamic blocks?

Don't see how it's supposed to loop in your code.
    I'd recommend adding a localized *error* function as described by Lee Mac here: https://lee-mac.com/errorhandling.html
    The enditall variable isn't localized in your lisp and doesn't look like it would work as intended. What happens if a uses fails to input one of the corner points?

More on using *error* as a local function https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visua...613104#M331853

I'd modify your code for you but retired without a license to test the code at the moment.
    Last edited by Tom Beauford; 2024-04-29 at 10:39 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Why does my program hang and restart after modifying dynamic blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    The enditall variable isn't localized in your lisp and doesn't look like it would work as intended.
    That appears to be what the problem was! i just added it to the localized variables and it worked perfectly. Thank you!!!!!!!!!