Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2006 Map

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2006 Map

Quote Originally Posted by jim.dahl
    I receive this message from support "this issue regarding getting the MAP menu back in 2006, has already been reported by a number of customers and this issue is also escalated to our development team."

I just had to load the CUI file from my Docs & Settings and check which stuff I wanted. This is similar to some of the suggestions given, but worked for me.

Thanks again. I consider this thread ended from my standpoint, even though aharris started it. Still don't know about the blue - must be another setting.

Jim
    Glad you got it work out Jim!!!
    As far as the blue, like I said, buy the end of the day it was back to black. If you want to experance this, change your background color to 15,172,245. May we got this color because we didn't bring over older settings?

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Have you seen the last edition of AUGIWORLD? There is an article in there about the new CUI. http://www.augi.com/publications/aug...005.lowres.pdfit starts on page 12

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by MHultgren
    Have you seen the last edition of AUGIWORLD? There is an article in there about the new CUI. http://www.augi.com/publications/aug...005.lowres.pdfit starts on page 12
    Yup, to get it all, start at 8.
    I know I said I was done, but I see we are up to 4 pages so what the heck. Yes, nice article, I read it immediately when it came out last month. It is nice that we can customize our look to have whatever menu configuration we want depending on user. The part that was not mentioned that was you had to navigate to the *.CUI file to load it if it doesn't. I still am missing my icon, but will work on that later. By customizing, I mean using the out of the box menus and tools, not my own.

Is there a way to speed up the process of performing the window or crossing? It must be because of the command line following it.

Jim

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jim.dahl
    Yup, to get it all, start at 8.
    I know I said I was done, but I see we are up to 4 pages so what the heck. Yes, nice article, I read it immediately when it came out last month. It is nice that we can customize our look to have whatever menu configuration we want depending on user. The part that was not mentioned that was you had to navigate to the *.CUI file to load it if it doesn't. I still am missing my icon, but will work on that later. By customizing, I mean using the out of the box menus and tools, not my own.

Is there a way to speed up the process of performing the window or crossing? It must be because of the command line following it.

Jim
    Seems to me AutoCAD as a whole is slower. Turning off DYN has helped...some. VTENABLE 0 will turn off the "zoom animation". Also MAPSKINMAP will turn off the Map2006 Skin, that has helped. Increase memory limit from MAPIOPTIONS, up it to 256.
    Took me most of yesterday, but I finally figured out how to add my custom buttons to the menus.
    Here is a couple of other things from another thread:
    - For faster startup, do a custom install of MAP and disable the "Autodesk
    Civil Extension". (If you don't want to use any of the new Points or
    Surfaces features)
    - Never say yes to the MIGRATE question if you still have the old version on
    the system. It can cause all sorts of strange problems on vertical autocad
    products like map and ldt. It will sometimes bring invalid paths to the
    new version that will slow things down.

Question: Okay, I've got everything the way I like. Do I save it as a profile? Or is it saved in the workspaces? Both?

Login to Give a bone

A colleague of mine has experienced a fatal error (crash!!) in Map 2006 simply by moving a toolbar. It has been suggested that it might be a video card error and he is upgrading that in a day or two - he needed to do that anyway. Any other thoughts?

jeff

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyOld
    A colleague of mine has experienced a fatal error (crash!!) in Map 2006 simply by moving a toolbar. It has been suggested that it might be a video card error and he is upgrading that in a day or two - he needed to do that anyway. Any other thoughts?

jeff
    Did you do the MAPSKINMAP? I did that and my error went away everytime I closed the CUI.

Login to Give a bone

what is MAPSKINMAP?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyOld
    what is MAPSKINMAP?
    Why give away the surprise?
    No, if you remember the look of 2005, 2006 has more of a "XP" look... type it in once it changes it to 2005 "square" look. Type it in again and it goes back to the "XP" look. (In the "XP" look notice how the "Autodesk Map 3D - " as an indented look, notice in the "square" look it's a blue bar that runs all away across.)

Login to Give a bone

thanks for the tip! i will pass that along to see if it helps my boy...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234