Thread: Bricks and Siding wont Plot

Login to Give a bone

Default Bricks and Siding wont Plot

Don't think I've asked this her yet. Something broke on my ADT 2005. It no longer plots out the brick work and vertical tin striping for the wall style I use for buildings. The orange CMU block lines and vertical tin siding stripes won't plot out nor show on the "print preview". The closest I can come is just a simple all-white wall of the building. No linework for the block and tin siding.

I emailed a file to others, and it worked fine for them. They advised me to click the "Display Hatching" (as I recall) icon in the lower right corner, so it's the striped icon, instead of the orange icon. No change. Nothings wrong with my .dwg file. Must be something in my software.

They suggested I change the Shademode to Hidden, and avoid the "blue" shadmode icons (like the Gourant one). No change.

I tried other printers. No change. Not sure, but I think even the .pdf file failed to show the blocks and stripes.

One man (Beau Turner, bless his heart) emailed me an entire new set of 30 or so .ctb files. I copied them into the long Documents and Settings path. No change.

I even "repair installed" the software. No change.

Do I need to uninstall and totally reinstall it?

I hate to admit this, but since this started hapnin weeks ago, I've just been using Vanilla AutoCAD with cross hatching on the sides of my 3D solid buildings! Very hard to revise!

-Paul Burgener
    Newport News, VA 23602
    www.evaug.com

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Bricks and Siding wont Plot

Please post a dwg with the walls that are giving you trouble so we can look at it. When you start saying that you're having issues with display configs, the list could go on & on of what the problem might be. I rather just poke around in it & see what's up.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

See attached (I hope). The old archive Feb 2005 .pdf file shows the bricks and tin siding stripes the way I want them, like they USED to be before my ADT "broke". I could swear the attached .dwg file USED to plot out the same way (with the bricks and tin stripes shown), but it doesn't anymore. I'll bet it'll display and plot fine on your 'puter, though. Let me know.

I've previewed and sent the attached .dwg to a couple plotters and it just comes out with white-washed walls. Looks like even a .pdf file NOW comes out white-washed.

I didn't try just now, but I believe renaming the wall style or changing to another wall style won't help, either.

I can send several other files I've tried more recently. Seems no matter what I do, use an old .dwg file or a new .dwg file, the walls come out white-washed, without the bricks and tin stripes.

I'm patiently waiting for my help-desk to completely uninstall and reinstall my ADT 2005. Might be a few days at the rate things go around here. I called Avatech, and it turns out we didn't pay for tech support the last time we purchased software. I thought the federal government always bought the "top of the line" with the extended warrenty. Not for my software, it seems.

Thanks for your time, ... and your shoulder.
    -Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Hold the presses!

My help desk guy installed my ADT on his 'puter, and my file plots out fine! Seems it takes a full thorough uninstall and reinstall. I'll do that on my machine (once I can get the admin password again) and see if that does the trick. Earlier I'd merely done a "Repair Install", thinking the total install would take too long. I'll do the total install and see if that helps.

Sorry to take your time.

-Paul

Login to Give a bone

Folks-

My help desk computer science help desk guy uninstalled my ADT 2005 (but not the Vanilla AutoCAD 2005 foundation). <BTW> My boss tells me to let the help desk guy do everything by himself, from now on. I can watch, if I stay out of his way. "Help Desk Guy" says he "uninstalled" ADT 2005 for "all users".

Oddly, it works fine and the bricks and siding preview and plot out when HIS Admin Authority password is used on my 'puter, but NOT when I use my regular "pab.." etc logon and password. He tells me there's something about my "profile" (not an AutoCAD profile) that's causing trouble, but not the "Admin Profile". I assume he's talking about Registry data.

Bottom line: He's going to "think about it" and maybe try something else new week.

Anybody got any hints that I might suggest to him?

He didn't think uninstalling all of Autodesk stuff and reinstalling would make a difference.

-Paul
    www.evaug.com
    Newport News, VA 23602

Login to Give a bone

I didn't have any problems getting them to show up in a dwf file (see attached).
    I had to adjust some of you pen settings from normal to a pen style, that may be one of your problems. Also make sure you check the "use plot styles" selection if you are using objects and named plot style.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I have troubles like that. It could be a corrupted file. If you insert it as a block into a new file it tends to clean up a lot of problems like that.
    D Popek

Login to Give a bone

Folks-

I appreciate the advice you-all provided. Long story short: My Windows Profile was currupted and had to be repaired by my Help Desk folks.

The Help Desk guy installed ADT on another computer and it worked fine. He then deleted and reinstalled it on my computer and it worked fine... while using HIS logon and profile. When I sat down and tried it, there was no change. The siding and brick work lines wouldn't plot out. He concluded the problem must be in the Wondows Profile for my userid and password.

It's now fixed. No idea what caused it.

Thanks again for the advice.

-Paul Burgener
    Newport News, VA 23602