Thread: Draw Double Lines and Curves

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Draw Double Lines and Curves

Good Morning AUGI Members:

I would like to know if there was a way to automate either of the following tasks.

1) Select a number of objects (lines, circles, arcs, plines, etc.) and have the offset command create the offset for all of the selected objects.

2) Create a double offset (about the centerline) for commonly used objects like lines, arcs, circles and ploylines.

3) Is there anything like a "Draw Double" command that will work for lines, arcs, circles etc...??

I know the mline command will draw a double line about a defined path but it does not work for curved objects like circles, arcs, etc.

The ability to do this would be helpful.

Regards,
    VInce

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Draw Double Lines and Curves

It should be easy to create an AutoLISP file that would ask for a selection set, and then run the OFFSET command on every item in the set. You do need to specify both the distance and the side for each offset, though, so the fast thing would be to just use the REPEAT command followed by OFFSET. No AutoLISP required.

OFFSET to each side is also easy, assuming you want both offsets by the same distance. Is this what you want?

No "Draw Double" that I know of. Another fairly simple AutoLISP program -- you'd need to specify where the second copy goes (which side, how far away).