Thread: Problems with a particular brand of P4's

Login to Give a bone

We've been experiencing problems in Revit with a particular brand of PC's in our office. We have about ten HP Compaq d530's ranging from 2.4 ghz to 2.8ghz Hyperthreaded processors. All have a minimum of 1 gig of ram, some with 2 gig. Problems in revit vary from fatal errors to low virtual memory errors, to not being able to save our files back to central. Using the exact same projects, our older lot of pc's (P3's with 1 gig of ram) run great in Revit, but are a bit sluggish compared to the new pc's on the market. Has anyone experienced similar problems? As far as I can tell it's a hardware issue. We've installed the same software, set pc performance variables the same, etc...yet we just can't get these new machines to work good in Revit. Other software packages work great (AutoCAD ADT3, Photoshop, Viz, etc.) on these new pc's....just not Revit

Help!

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Problems with a particular brand of P4's

I hate to say this, but I have seen this problem on other Compaq computers. I wonder if they use a particular hardware combination that doesn't work well with Revit.

I could stop if I wanted to Kroke's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

If you get a pre packaged machine that you don't 'build in house', go for the Dells. I have had a lot of problems with HP/Compaq junk also.

Login to Give a bone

HP/Compaq, being a strategic partner of Autodesk, should take a close look at this issue and resolve it ASAP.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the input. These may not be the best brand of PC's, but I can't afford to let these ten pc's go in the closet due to problems with one software package. I'm working on arrangments with Revit support to send one of these pc's to them for testing. Hopefully they can solve the problem and make their software work across the board. You never know, I could be the guy that rewords the "minimum hardware specs" verbiage to include the words..."will not perform well on any HP/Compaq PC". Keep up Hope!