See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Notes on the philosophy of CUI

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Notes on the philosophy of CUI

OK, this CUI with contextual tab states is starting to drive me nuts.

I have a Main (Custom.cuix)

And an enterprise (ACA.cuix, acad.cuix, acetmain.cuix)

In the Main I have added only a few custom toolbars. Nothing else. It is blank.

The problem I have is during Text editing, I get two or three text editor tabs. Then after the command is done, my ribbon remains "greyed out". I cannot use it and I have to restart AutoCAD.

There is a workaround at http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum...16300&#6216300 wherein you drag the proper tabs into the contextual states. However, I don't have any tabs in my Main CUI to drag. See attached screenshot of my main CUI contextual states.

I'm thinking my only option is to toss the idea of an enterprise CUI out the window and give up on company wide toolbars.

Maybe I've corrupted all my CUI files by screwing around with them so much.

Am I doing something wrong here? How do I get rid of the multiple contextual tabs?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Notes on the philosophy of CUI

Quote Originally Posted by S_Newton View Post
    And an enterprise (ACA.cuix, acad.cuix, acetmain.cuix)
    There is your issue right there. It is a bad idea to load both ACA.cuix and Acad.cuix at the same time.

If you want some things from Acad.cuix then transfer them into ACA.cuix and don't load Acad.cuix for ACA profiles.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RobertB View Post
    There is your issue right there. It is a bad idea to load both ACA.cuix and Acad.cuix at the same time.

If you want some things from Acad.cuix then transfer them into ACA.cuix and don't load Acad.cuix for ACA profiles.
    Ah-ha! Well played, sir.

I was trying to somehow use the features of the acad.cuix without modifying any of the 'out of the box' cuix files.

Perhaps it is best to create a company standard CUI behemoth with all menu items transfered in.

Thanks for the help,
    Stephen

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Notes on the philosophy of CUI

Having a problem with 2010 products and the user\enterprise cui's and Workspace
    WS=Workspace QAT=Quick Access Toolbar

User.cuix: contains 1WS and 1QAT
    Enterprise.cuix: started from blank, and contains the base partial loaded department cuix files and the OOTB partial load cuix files, transfered OOTB WS, custom made WS, and 1 company standard QAT.

In the past, the user.cuix would only need one WS to work correctly, and if the user like's to customize or start with an readonly enterprise workspace, they could just save the enterprise WS as their own. But now with the introduction of the QAT, it still links back to the enterprise.cuix and reads the readonly QAT, and this is causing a Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x22a84ecc Exception at 75f8b156h

This now forces me to put the typical enterprise WS's into the user.cuix and now I don't have managing control of the company WorkSpaces and Ribbons!!!

I thought the only work around was to eliminate the use of a QAT in enterprise WS's, but this still causes the fatal error. Has anyone else encountered this yet, or have a suggestion on how to set it up differently?

Related note: During Beta testing with the dept CAD leaders, the Fatal Error was not an issue, but still showed up with some bugs. They have rights to the network drive, so the save to their User.cuix was able to have modify rights back to the enterprise.cuix. So if Person A put a button in the QAT, then B C D and E would see a blank button with the command underneath.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Having a problem with 2010 products and the user\enterprise cui's and Workspace
    WS=Workspace QAT=Quick Access Toolbar

User.cuix: contains 1WS and 1QAT
    Enterprise.cuix: started from blank, and contains the base partial loaded department cuix files and the OOTB partial load cuix files, transfered OOTB WS, custom made WS, and 1 company standard QAT.

In the past, the user.cuix would only need one WS to work correctly, and if the user like's to customize or start with an readonly enterprise workspace, they could just save the enterprise WS as their own. But now with the introduction of the QAT, it still links back to the enterprise.cuix and reads the readonly QAT, and this is causing a Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x22a84ecc Exception at 75f8b156h

This now forces me to put the typical enterprise WS's into the user.cuix and now I don't have managing control of the company WorkSpaces and Ribbons!!!

I thought the only work around was to eliminate the use of a QAT in enterprise WS's, but this still causes the fatal error. Has anyone else encountered this yet, or have a suggestion on how to set it up differently?

Related note: During Beta testing with the dept CAD leaders, the Fatal Error was not an issue, but still showed up with some bugs. They have rights to the network drive, so the save to their User.cuix was able to have modify rights back to the enterprise.cuix. So if Person A put a button in the QAT, then B C D and E would see a blank button with the command underneath.
    In our enterprise cuix file, we have a defined company QAT and I do not experience any fatal errors. In our defined WS, we have the QAT defined to be part of it, then the user just saves as their name and they have the qat from the company and all of our company toolbars/ribbon panels. maybe I just dont understand what you are experiencing.

Login to Give a bone

Ok. That is at least reassuring that it is working like it should for you. Maybe something is just not right when I made the enterprise. Day one was a big pain with this problem so we rushed out user.cuix's with WS.

Now how is the QAT working when people add to it in their saved copy of the WS? Is the QAT still the company issued one, and is it still linked back the the enterprise? Is everyone network read only?

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Ok. That is at least reassuring that it is working like it should for you. Maybe something is just not right when I made the enterprise. Day one was a big pain with this problem so we rushed out user.cuix's with WS.

Now how is the QAT working when people add to it in their saved copy of the WS? Is the QAT still the company issued one, and is it still linked back the the enterprise? Is everyone network read only?
    yes the qat is still the company one, and it is linked back to the enterprise. We dont add it to our saved copy, we just save the "default" company ws as one with our name, allowing us to turn on palettes and toolbars as we see fit. The network location of our cuix file is read only to everyone except me.

I'm heading out for the day, I'll check back on Monday

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Resurrection:
    When employing a blank CUIX as the main (acad 2010) how do I get workspaces, ribbons, toolbars, etc. to display. I tried transferring worksapces to a blank CUIx from the Acad.cuix that resulted in having duplicate ribbons. Please help or point me in the direction of another post.

Thanks all.

Login to Give a bone

I am wondering how to customise my quick properties in my main (customised) CUI, currently it has no objects in its list.
    even when I add objects and modify properties, the quick properties list under the enterprise Cui seems to take preference.
    I want to leave the enterprise unaltered with any changes to the main to take preference.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mvsawyer View Post
    When employing a blank CUIX as the main (acad 2010) how do I get workspaces, ribbons, toolbars, etc. to display. I tried transferring worksapces to a blank CUIx from the Acad.cuix that resulted in having duplicate ribbons. Please help or point me in the direction of another post.
    You can do this two different ways: 1) Create workspaces in the enterprise CUIx that the entire company uses. 2) Create workspaces in the main CUIx that display what you want.

What you don't want to do is transfer workspaces from a CUIx into your main CUIx because that will duplicate all the elements referred to in the workspace. You create a new workspace in main and select elements from the other CUIx files which does not duplicate the elements in main.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast