See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Polar Tracking in 2006LT

Login to Give a bone

Default Polar Tracking in 2006LT

Recently switched from ADT2000 where I could have a tracking line right across the screen for my polar mode. I could start a line from one point, and move at any angle to another point - then come across so that I could line up 90 degrees from my first point (if that makes sense). I could line up anything with anything basically. I can see in the polar settings menu in 2006LT that I no longer have the option to click "extend". Was this the option I am looking for? Does this mean I no longer have this ability in 2006? Do I make ay sense?

I could stop if I wanted to tyshofner's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Polar Tracking in 2006LT

The "otrack" feature of FULL AutoCAD is not in LT . There is a "tracking" feature that has the same effect it just takes a little more work to use. If you are at a "specify point" prompt you can right click (must have shortcut menus enabled for right click) and it will give you a "tracking" option, you then have to select the TWO points that you want to track from and it will find the intersection of those points. It is only useful in certain situations. If there is a feature I would like to see trickle down to LT it would be "otrack".

Ty

Login to Give a bone

Man - I was scared of that. I'm thinking about quitting - that command was everything to me! I'll never have that speed again - plus I never use the right-click dialog boxes. Dang - sucks. Anyways - I thank you for your response and your expertise, Ty. I will have to see what I can do to "replace" that command. Is there a short-cut key instead or a quick command?

Login to Give a bone

At any prompt for a point you can enter "tk" to activate tracking. It's very limited compared to full version, but its better than nothing.

Ty

Login to Give a bone

I know your frustration lazer2go - I have recently changed to ACAD2006LT and otrack would be my most missed command so far too!
    Can someone please explain a bit more how to use the tracking in LT, i understand that it is quite limited - but it would be better than nothing!
    Thanks

Login to Give a bone

I know your frustration lazer2go - I have recently changed to ACAD2006LT and otrack would be my most missed command so far too!
    Can someone please explain a bit more how to use the tracking in LT, i understand that it is quite limited - but it would be better than nothing!
    Thanks
    Yes, it's quite limited, but as you say it is better than nothing, so here is how it works. At any specify point prompt invoke the "track" command (Shift + Right Click-->Tracking, command line: "track", "tra" or "tk"). You will see the prompt "First tracking point:". At this point is where it gets a little frustrating. You have to select the TWO and only TWO points that you want to track from (you can keep selecting points but it will only track from the last two that you pick). Once you have selected the two points it will leave your cursor at the intersection of those points. From there you could select another point to track from or if it is the point you want then hit "enter" and whatever command you are in will use that point. It also will only track on the X and Y axis so be prepared to change your UCS if you want to track at an angle. Just play around with it a bit and you'll get the hang of it. One tip I will give you is: When selecting the first point always select the point that is the farthest away from the intersection of the two points you are tracking from, this will save you some headaches.

Ty

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Polar Tracking in 2006LT

Thanks for that Ty,

I have been playing around with it, it's not too bad to use!
    Sure will come in handy anyway

Cheers